X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Lavallee dead

Apparently suicide:

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story...7#.T9dwJsVvRhE
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

No word on what he was under investigation for?
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

From one of the comments:

..He was being investigated by Fort Lauderdale police on abuse charges, according to Onondaga County Sheriff Kevin Walsh. The Florida police department contacted Onondaga County sheriff’s deputies a few months ago as part of the investigation, but Walsh said there was nothing here that could be prosecuted.
      Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Comment

R.I.P. Steve Lavallee. He was a decent guy with a solid attitude when I knew him in the early 90's.
        The statement issued by his staff at USA Black Belt Champions is more like an endorsement that a tribute.
        I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
          R.I.P. Steve Lavallee. He was a decent guy with a solid attitude when I knew him in the early 90's.
          The statement issued by his staff at USA Black Belt Champions is more like an endorsement that a tribute.
          He trained them well :)
          Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

he took the cowards way out.
            "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
            ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
            ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
            ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_Jude View Post
              he took the cowards way out.
              Are you implying it takes no courage to end ones own life?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
              Originally posted by Mr. Machette
              Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
              Originally posted by Raycetpfl
              Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

Comment

Originally posted by jwilde88 View Post
                It does take courage to end your own life. It takes more to fix what it is and live life with struggles.
                I feel like you eye-bawlin' me, dawg!

Comment

In some cases and situations Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
                    It does take courage to end your own life. It takes more to fix what it is and live life with struggles.
                    I 100% agree with this, I wasn't sure if Jim meant just in this scenario or if everyone who commits/committed suicide is a coward. I wanted to hear his reasoning if it was the latter.

Originally posted by Mr. Machette
                    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
                    Originally posted by Raycetpfl
                    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

Comment

Steve Lavallee was under investigation, both in Ft. Lauderdale and in New York, for
                      child sexual abuse/pedophile crimes.

Comment

He was a coward! And, apparently, a pedophile as well. If he wasn't guilty, then why
                        did he commit suicide ? He had a 3 year old son that he left behind. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by karatekid2012 View Post
                          Steve Lavallee was under investigation, both in Ft. Lauderdale and in New York, for
                          child sexual abuse/pedophile crimes.
                          He was a coward! And, apparently, a pedophile as well. If he wasn't guilty, then why
                          did he commit suicide ? He had a 3 year old son that he left behind. Sad.
                          Do you have a source for these claims?

Comment

No, I'm quoting Doug Stanhope.
                            "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
                            ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
                            ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
                            ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                              Do you have a source for these claims?
                              Permalost already asked. Well, do you have a source or can you otherwise substantiate them?
                              If he wasn't guilty, then why did he commit suicide?
                              The only person who knew the answer to this is dead.
                              He had a 3 year old son that he left behind. Sad.
                              I have mixed feelings about the whole thing, but always feel sorry for the family left behind when someone opts out of life. Once you have children, suicide is no longer an option. It would be bad enough for the parents and siblings to have to cope with the loss and wondering if they could have done something to prevent it.
                              I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X