Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TapouT Means...

http://ourvaluedcustomers.blogspot.c...rt-to-his.html

"Our Valued Customers" is a bunch of one-panel comics about the customers a comic shop employee (owner?) has to deal with on a regular basis. Most of the strips are about geek culture, but I thought this one would be particularly interesting outside of its normal audience.

I disagree with this cartoon.
    It totally means you in particular.
    As in, everyone who is reading the front of my shirt.
    Because that's how I roll.
    Like a warrior.
    A totally awesome warrior.
    In a tight, tight T-shirt.

Comment

Best comment:

Anonymous Mar 7, 2012 08:52 AM

Tap Out shirts are primarily owned by the same douchebags who sported No Fear stickers on the back window of their pickup trucks. Also, said pickup trucks always have pristine bed liners because these pussies would squeal in horror if you ever suggested they use their manhood symbol to actually haul anything.
      '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

You know what? Fuck everybody. I had the No Fear eyes on the back window of my VN Commodore in 1999. I have two TapouT flat brimmed caps and one of them is signed by Randy Couture. What I think about TapouT, what it means when I wear it? That I have been put in more submissions than the average person and had to tap out in order to get better. Also, the caps sit on my head better than any flat cap I have worn before or since and I had one custom made.

I'm an original, bro. I'm also an Original Bro. In the future they are going to look back through the archives at the Bro culture and go, "how did it start?" and their research is going to land them at my feet, with praise and worship, and they will be forever asking where the subsequent douches went so wrong in emulating me.
        GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
        Originally posted by Devil
        I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
        Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
        I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Anyone remember "bad boy club" shirts and stickers from the 80s/90s? Same deal maybe?

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/SEC/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&c...1t:429,r:2,s:0

Comment

Man, Bad Boy is still a brand and they are still trying to establish themselves as an MMA brand if I remember correctly. They are currently being sold at Lowes or something in Australia, which would suggest a failing, but some of the gear doesn't actually look too bad.
            I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
            I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Today I saw what looked like a Windstar van at a stoplight with massive TapouT decals on both of the rear side windows. This physically manifested my opinion of tapout fairly well.

Comment

I don't wear anything with large flashy logos in general. If those Tapout shirts had nothing to do with fighting, I still wouldn't wear the ugly motherf*ckers.
                That's the most Krav thing I've ever read. That's Kravver than a motherfucker...

Comment

Simply.... that you have zero taste

Comment

And it also means you either what the world to know that you study mma or you are a fanboy.

'LOOK LOOK I WEAR TAPOUT GARMS, & I WANT EVERYBODY TO KNOW THIS'

Utter skidmarks.

Comment

Maybe most of you are unaware how much Tapout the company did for early MMA in the nineties. Those guys busted their butts driving around the country supporting the sport.

For years, I felt the same way most of you guys did. Then I realized that wearing a Tapout shirt is equivalent to wearing a football jersey. It's a way for the fans to express their support for MMA. So, while I would not be caught dead in any Tapout gear myself, I no longer hate Bubba, the 350 lb slurpie junkie, that goes out with his best Tapout shirt on in the evening.
                      Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
                        Maybe most of you are unaware how much Tapout the company did for early MMA in the nineties. Those guys busted their butts driving around the country supporting the sport.

For years, I felt the same way most of you guys did. Then I realized that wearing a Tapout shirt is equivalent to wearing a football jersey. It's a way for the fans to express their support for MMA. So, while I would not be caught dead in any Tapout gear myself, I no longer hate Bubba, the 350 lb slurpie junkie, that goes out with his best Tapout shirt on in the evening.
                        ^This.

Also, brotherdaniel, until you have a reputation that isn't the equivalent of a faeces smeared public toilet, I'd be leaving your judgements in the tiny recesses of that small mind of yours.
                        I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

To quote the band Sloan from the song Coax Me: "It's not the band I hate, it's their fans".

Comment

I usually roll non-descript and I still have too many people trying to talk to me. I wouldn't wear that shit based on: Hideous designs, it's an open invitation for every a-hole who "trains UFC" to talk to you and, well, there are few things more pathetic than a 47 year old in TapOut. I do wear my YMAS T-shirt though. I love wearing something that says "Your Martial Art Sucks". Nobody seems to want to talk about that.

Comment

Then I realized that wearing a Tapout shirt is equivalent to wearing a football jersey. It's a way for the fans to express their support for MMA.
                              Eh, not really. Wearing a Tapout shirt is "equivalent" to wearing a shirt belonging to a corporate sponsor of the NFL. Wearing a UFC, or a Strikeforce shirt would be synonymous to wearing something which says NFL (which most footballs fans don't do.)

Wearing a shirt which specifically represents a particular fighter is the equivalent of wearing a jersey.

If the TapouT company was really that integral to the early growth of the sport, that's cool, but I'm just saying.....
                              That's the most Krav thing I've ever read. That's Kravver than a motherfucker...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X