Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Wing Chun ground work in action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing Chun ground work in action

What do you think??

Looks absolutely unrealistic. Using wing chun, you wouldn't end up on the ground anyway.

Comment

I think if he said "foom" more it might be an enjoyable video. He's got major flaws with that sweep technique, such as not controlling the arm he's sweeping toward. At least he's got the ankle, but he thinks for some strange reason that he can break it that way. Typical chun delusions.

Comment

hundred year old jiujitsu is discovered hidden in the bong sau

Comment

Jesus christ, he said Foom.

Comment

He needs to quit pretending that Chun has groundfighting, bring in a real grappling instructor, and have his students cross train.

Comment

Originally posted by RynoGreene View Post
              He needs to quit pretending that Chun has groundfighting, bring in a real grappling instructor, and have his students cross train.
              In all seriousness, I never understood the aversion to cross-training in a lot of TMAs. Is it a psychological technique to try and get you to spend all your dollhairs at that particular Dojo/Gym or whatever? Is it a head teacher who is entirely too prideful? Knowledge is great to acquire, properly done so it will only help you improve... smh.

Anyway, back to foom.

Comment

Foom is the new Boom...

anybody do this while rolling?

Comment

Meh, let em train that rubbish, more people that I can destroy with minimal effort.

Comment

Originally posted by XXIV View Post
                    I never understood the aversion to cross-training in a lot of TMAs. Is it a psychological technique to try and get you to spend all your dollhairs at that particular Dojo/Gym or whatever? Is it a head teacher who is entirely too prideful?
                    In my experience, I have noted both of these individually, and sometimes it is a combination. I have encountered some egotistical instructors over the years, the "our system is best", "master this first, then cross over", etc.
                    Every time I explored new system or style, I was like a kid in a candy store.
                    Foom!
                    I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                      In my experience, I have noted both of these individually, and sometimes it is a combination. I have encountered some egotistical instructors over the years, the "our system is best", "master this first, then cross over", etc.
                      Every time I explored new system or style, I was like a kid in a candy store.
                      Foom!
                      Foom Foom!

Yeah, I mean I could understand a total novice to X or Y system not crosstraining immediately because they could overdo it and injure themselves or try to commit too much to memory and never remember their shit properly.. but to expressly forbid someone from crosstraining without first mastering (as in black belt or equivalent rank?) the first art seems foolish to me.

For instance, I went from sedentary to playing hockey AND attempting to learn some Muay Thai at the same time. That resulted in a stress fracture in my left fibula from a combination of kicking the bag with way too much novice vigor and taking a few too many spills in hockey the day before.

Sort of Tangental. TL;DR: Don't be a fat doughbag and crosstrain, knucklehead.

Also, EXCUSE ME SIR FOOMFOOFOFOFOOFOOOOM

Comment

Yeah..
                        All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom
                        and a foom-foom - JUST SHAKE YA RUMP

Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                          Yeah..
                          All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom
                          and a foom-foom - JUST SHAKE YA RUMP

The difference between this video and the one in the OP? You can actually see a hit in this video.
                          Originally posted by Newb1

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Comment

Why is the guy in mount trying to punch him in the shoulder? Is that a secret Wing Chun pressure point or something?

Comment

Looks totally plausible. Go for it.
                              Originally posted by Sarcastro
                              He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X