No announcement yet.

BJJ Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMFG, I already did!!! Are you fucking kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
      OMFG, I already did!!! Are you fucking kidding me?
      Which video? The video doesn't say that Rampage got DQ'd for the move (which as you acknowledged isn't a powerslam) in the video, and this one:
      is legal in freestyle.

Comment

Is not legal in freestyle. Since you want to be a dick about it you're wrong.

Comment

No, those videos are high school and collegiate US folkstyle wrestling. Freestyle is what I was talking about, hence my repeated use of the word 'freestyle'.

That last one is NAGA or GQ, I should imagine, which is again pretty much irrelevant to our discussion of IBJJF rules.

Comment

Thread moved to YMAS because it was never about martial technique in the first place. The ensuing disagreement also does not concern technique.
            Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
              No, those videos are high school and collegiate US folkstyle wrestling. Freestyle is what I was talking about, hence my repeated use of the word 'freestyle'.

That last one is NAGA or GQ, I should imagine, which is again pretty much irrelevant to our discussion of IBJJF rules.
              I told you in the beginning that it was semantics. That is freestyle. If you don't like it then expand on your fucking terms.

As per your IBJFF Rules:

The images shown on the list are
              examples of prohibited techniques
              and do not represent the full array of
              prohibited technical situations and
              variations.

Don't open this up to a broad range of perspectives and then try to narrow them back down. I asked you to consult your BJJ coach. I ask anybody else who has fought under those rules to chime in. Don't say I'm wrong, I have a perspective. Those were freestyle rules. You better argument would've been-age groupings. The fucking hilarious thing about this entire bullshit is that we both actually agree that the original video wasn't a fucking slam. You had to make this personal.

Comment

That was pretty weak, certainly wouldn't use the words 'amazing' or 'illegal' to describe it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
                  Not a slam, you attempted to stand up he carried the double leg up and back down. If he attempted to accelerate your decent= slam. He let gravity carry you both down.

That was a lifted double.
                  If it was a double leg, why wasn't he awarded points?

Comment

Originally posted by Ki-ai View Post
                    Depending upon the referee both opponents have to be in the stand up position for it to be considered a takedown. If you noticed, neither one was in the stand up position during the take down. Rather the other person was coming from the downed position.

Comment

I'm late coming in here, but IMO that wasn't a slam.

Comment

Depending upon the referee both opponents have to be in the stand up position for it to be considered a takedown. If you noticed, neither one was in the stand up position during the take down. Rather the other person was coming from the downed position.
                        This.

I think it is a silly rule, but in IBJJF takesdowns only score points if initiated from the standing position. Those were initiated from the knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Ki-ai View Post
                          I believe he received an advantage didn't he?

Comment

Very interesting videos, Omega. I'm actually learning something from this thread ;)

About the takedown: If it has to be initiated from the standing position (IBJJF), how many takedowns and throws will even award points? There is the Jason Scully video with takedowns and a lot of them are with him being on one knee etc.

A lot of the takedowns I know (except for throws of course), start from a very low base. How long are you considered to have started a takedown from standing position? One knee on the ground? Completely standing?

Comment

I had a talk with my coach, and he told me that you have to have at least one foot one the ground when initiating. So one knee is allright.

Comment

Yeah, we're just saying where you initiate it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X