X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
      Nope, completely illegal in both.
      I think you are wrong. Do you have a source? A video of someone getting DQ'd for it? Something?

Comment

Wow, that looked kinda painful, thanks for the heads-up. And that is not allowed under IBJJF rules, definately not. We just had a seminar (I only listened in as interested party) before the Euros in Lissabon and talked about that. Not that it usually happens in BJJ...

Comment

Originally posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
          I think you are wrong. Do you have a source? A video of someone getting DQ'd for it? Something?
          Why yes I do. Realize though I was envisioning the power bomb, not the power slam. I misspoke. But when I looked it up I found out that it was illegal too, so nyah nyah nya.

Comment

Well, it's in the rules http://www.ibjjf.org/docs/rulesibjjf1stedition.pdf, page 22

Comment

LOL....Irony for the win:

Comment

But since this was for BJJ, it's still illegal under rules of the IBJJF. There are even pictures on the following page in the rule book (p. 23)

Comment

Originally posted by Prone View Post
                  No, it isn't. You'll notice 'slam' is illustrated by a guy being picked up from an armbar.

You just going to keep being a dick, Omega, or are you going to actually post why you think so? Posting a video of a completely different move doesn't really have any relevance to this conversation.
                  Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 1/30/2012 11:17am, .

Comment

No, it isn't. You'll notice 'slam' is illustrated by a guy being picked up from an armbar.

You just going to keep being a dick, Omega, or are you going to actually post why you think so? Posting a video of a completely different move doesn't really have any relevance to this conversation.
                    I apologize, I thought it would be obvious. A slam is any time you drive your opponent into the ground with any additional force. The powerbomb I was originally believing I was talking about, is a perfect example of that. Now, your internet searching and my internet searching capabilities should be on par with each other. If you're saying I have to prove my points with video because you can't seem to simply follow one link after another I'll be happy to post a plethora of videos. Now, on the other hand if you have a video that could counter my statement then we'd have an open reason to discuss this. You have a BJJ instructor go ahead and ask him. I do BJJ, Pankration, grappling, Hayastan Grappling, No gi, amateur mma, and pro mma, and SAMBO tournaments. Slamming tends to be universally accepted as I have put forward. Now feel free to put up something to counter my statement instead of me starting to put up an avalanche of videos.

Comment

Well, slamming someone into the ground is a slam, right? That's not semantics and is in the rules. I'd even say that the picture can be interpreted in different ways but the main forceful drive Omega described should be enough.

Comment

Except that he's wrong. I have got a BJJ instructor, and a shiny certificate from an IBJJF rules seminar. It was explicitly in the old version of the rules that you could win by knockout and the 'slam' is a slam from guard.

As for freestyle or greco wrestling, this kind of thing is perfectly legal.

Comment

Except that he's wrong. I have got a BJJ instructor, and a shiny certificate from an IBJJF rules seminar. It was explicitly in the old version of the rules that you could win by knockout and the 'slam' is a slam from guard.

As for freestyle or greco wrestling, this kind of thing is perfectly legal.
                          Dude, fuck you. I said you have a BJJ instructor. I asked you to ask him. If you're going to be an asshole about this then let's feel free to be to be assholes together. I left this open to discussion not saying you were wrong or I was wrong. I'm doing this in a very specific context. In "High School" freestyle grappling this is 100% illegal. So you're wrong. I've been to dozens of grappling tournaments, gi and no gi where people are DQ'd for not landing their opponent down correctly, or rather using driving force.

I agreed that the above OP was not a slam. So what is the fucking argument? What is a slam. I told you what a slam is in the broad sense of the view. Your shiny fucking certificate means absolutely jackshit to me as you're using it as an argument for an "appeal to authority".

Now do you want this to go back to a constructive discussion or are you going to be a faggot for the rest of the day?

Comment

From the beginning I've been talking about IBJJF rules, as I think I've made abundantly clear and as the OP of the thread was asking about. Whatever gi and no-gi tournaments with folkstyle-inspired rules you've been to we were not talking about, which is why 'IBJJF' is in every post I've made on this thread.

So, dude, fuck you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
                              Not entirely true but that's semantics.
                              Like the pro wrestling move? Legal in IBJJF. As it would be in freestyle wrestling, I think. What's your point?
                              Really? Really? What else you've got?

Comment

What I said was true. Show me a version of a power-slam that's illegal in freestyle.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X