Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about a gym in the St. Louis area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about a gym in the St. Louis area.

I just went to Finney's Gym here in the St. Louis area and I was impressed with the facility. It seems like they have instructors who know what they are doing. They teach BJJ, Muay Thai, MMA, amongst other services such as having a gym with machines and free weights and a chiropracter on duty.

My question is what do St. Louis area members know about the place? I am seriously considering them for BJJ and as a beginner I want to make sure I go to the right place to begin my training.

Here is a link to their website: http://finneyskickboxing.com/

Any help or constructive thoughts are appreciated.

I checked out the site and unless they are really good liars, the school seems totally legit. I'd join and train. I really like their inclusive attitude. After good skill instruction, the most important thing is a good instructor (who lacks a chip on shoulder) and a friendly group - if they have that going, you are in luck. Now do what patfromlogan does in a new school, he tries to take the standup instructor's head off! That way they'll show you some good techniques! And if you are lucky, you won't bleed too much.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X