Why you train..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why you train..........

I was just posting to see the primary reasons that other Martial Artist train.........

Self defence? getting in/staying in shape? competition?

Thanks!

I train because I love it.

Comment

Strangling

Comment

Obviously I train to get better.
        what other reason for training is there?

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido.

I train primarily for stress relief, and secondarily for physical fitness.

For self defense training I go to the gun range.
          Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

I train mostly because other hobbies would get me fat. Also that whole self enlightenment that sounds good too.

Comment

Back when I was in high school I picked up Judo for self defense. A secondary reason was because most of the guys on the wresting team had a problem with a gay kid joining the team and I didn't want do deal with the drama (I regret that decision). Now I mainly do it for to stay fit and something to keep college stress down.

Comment

Really?
                Culled:
                http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114536

Comment

I train because it is a positive outlet for my youthful testosterone, it helps me stay in shape, and it keeps me out of trouble, also because I've obviously got some twisted fear of being attacked by the training monster if i remain too stagnant.

Also i watch too much Baki and Kenichi.

Comment

I used to train for self-defense only but after coming back from a long stretch of injuries I now am very interested to compete and stay in shape and becoming a better fighter in general.

Comment

I train because there is a nasty sonofabitch in my head that tells me that I am going to get old and fat and weak. He points out that age an death are inevitable, and senselessly railing away at the inexorable march of time is a fools errand; and so I should just drink beer, eat cake, and enjoy a leisurely life until ol' Grim comes to take me for a ride in his pale Cadillac.

I find that when I am training, I can't hear him at all. Which is good, because he has a hell of a point...
                      And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

uhm... may sound weird but at the moment i think i train for the sake of training... while i do have some dreams of grandeur about competing and looking awesome at that, i has a long way in front of me

+ it gives me an plausible excuse for eating a horse without resembling a beached walrus without fangs

Comment

At first, I began training because my mother wanted me to use my time doing something productive and positive. I was a really bad child back then. Then my goal was to compete in amateur fights, which was a way to test my training. Now, I train simply because it's fun as hell and keeps me "up."

Comment

My reasons change all the time. At the moment I think it might me a combination of self defence, working on a healthy body and mind, and satisfying my ego.

Comment

People were mean to me when I was a kid, so revenge fantasies.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X