Opportunity of a LIFETIME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opportunity of a LIFETIME

Stumbled this epic listing on the craigslist. One of the greatest martial artists of our time is coming to KY and it'd be a crime not to let you guys in on it.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/mar/2802896758.html

People needed ASAP!!!!

The Main Event Martial Arts Academy is looking for people with well developed advertizing/marketing skills to promote our school.
    We need hard working individuals who say they'll do something and they actually do it!
    There is potential to make a lot of money..we just need the extra help.

must be available during the days and some evenings. Sales a plus!

This is a commission based or trade out position.
    please no Jedi Masters.
    We are a black belt school with one of the best Grand Masters In the world

Grand Master Len Kirschbaum, a 10th Degree Black (the highest rank attainable in the martial arts) He was a 2010 International Black Belt Hall of Fame Inductee and received the International Grand Master Instructor of the year award. This award received hundreds of nominations from over 70 other countries. Never before has Nicholasville had such a dynamic and highly qualified person to bring his wealth of knowledge in martial arts to the Jessamine county area. Grand Master Kirschbaum has received countless awards for his teaching abilities and methods unmatched by others.

Grand Master Kirschbaum has attained the following ranks in martial arts:

1st Degree Black Belt in Chinese Kempo
    4th Degree Black Belt in Korean Hapki-Do
    6th Degree Black Belt in Korean Tang Soo-DO
    9th Degree Black Belt in Original Taekwon-Do
    9th Degree Black Belt in KiRu Moo-Do
    10th Degree Black Belt in Japanese Shotokan
    10th Degree Black Belt in The Black Dragon Fighting Society and The International Black Belt Martial Arts Association.

What organization awarded the 10th Degree in Shotokan?

Comment

Can't say I've ever heard of this Taekwon Do organization? http://www.iotf.info/about_us.html However, I've only informally trained with some Taekwon Do guys. Has anyone else heard of this?

Comment

Seems a little light on his BB count; only 7 in total and 2 at or above 10th Dan. Hardly fake impressive at all.

Comment

nice...

Stay Classy KY.
          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
          BILL HICKS,
          1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
          ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Besides the tame list of questionable credentials are there any real reasons this guy is to be respected? A verifiable competition record perhaps? Humanitarian/ public service work?

How exactly are those interested in the craigslist article to promote the school? How will they make money? Do you need to get people to sign up for a seminar? Annual contracts? Please elaborate.

Comment

What the fuck is "original" TKD? And The Black Dragon Fighting Society is a style? He's a 9th Dan in a style he co-founded...gee how'd that happen?

A quick Google-Fu of Kiru Moo-Do and what's the first hit? Kirschbaum's credential page from The Official Black Dragon Fighting Society webpage. Here's a nifty little tidbit from the History page:
              "The 1988 released film, Bloodsport, portrays the true life exploits of IFAA Official BDFS original member Frank Dux."

Oh boy.

Comment

Who?

(google search)

Is this Grand Master Kirschbaum's students? Not a very good showing for black belt.

Comment

Isn't it funny how anything labeled "the opportunity of a lifetime" is just the opposite. It's got to be one of the least effective marketing strategies. Someone please tell me humanity is smarter than that.

Comment

Wow, just Wow.

http://www.officialblackdragonfighti...irschbaum.html

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeFan View Post
                      Who?

(google search)

Is this Grand Master Kirschbaum's students? Not a very good showing for black belt.

At 38ish secs... LOL at the double moob grab defense!

Comment

Originally posted by SharkBait View Post
                        ...10th Degree Black Belt in Japanese Shotokan...
                        Originally posted by CoffeeFan View Post
                        ...1976-Earned 4th Degree in Taekwon-Do and 3rd Degree in Shoto-Kan*...
                        ...officialblackdragonfightingsociety...
                        Even if he found some sort of Association that handed out ranks based on time served principle (lets face it there are some out there), he would have only received his 7th Dan surely??? A part from that, what is that * after Shoto-kan???

Originally posted by centralkynews.com
                        ...Kirschbaum organized other masters from Taekwon-Do around the world and formed an association called the International Original Taekwon-Do Federation (IOTF). The IOTF conferred and granted the title of grand master to Kirschbaum...
                        See here

Do you think that the IOTF awarded the rank in "Original" TKD and cross-ranked him?
                        Last edited by kitkatninja; 1/17/2012 2:49am, . Reason: formating

Comment

Intense ad-lib larping makes me happy. I think it made all the spectators happy too.:BabyTroll:
                          Last edited by jdempsey; 1/17/2012 3:39am, .

Comment

Boy that black belt test was awesome. Where do I queue to get one for me? I could do this without ever having trained. Might as well get my girlfriend to come in and get a BB...

Comment

This guy is a living legend! I'm shocked any of you would consider him a fraud. He practically taught Count Dante to be a killing machine. Any self-respecting martial artist would chop off his best dragon punching arm to have 5 minutes with this guy.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X