Hi everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone

Ok let's see. I've been studying and training martial arts since I was 16, which I'm sure is late for a lot of people. I'm 26 now and still enjoy it. I started with karate formally in a hole in the wall style dojo in a small town. Eventually I left my home town and had to seek other schools, I trained with an MMA club of amateurs for a few months, that was fun and went to a krav maga school for a month to check it out but didn't like it. I don't consider myself to be a master by any means in any art and I'm still looking for new things to learn. At the top of my list would be a striking art that emphasizes hand techniques.

Originally posted by A1C Evans View Post
    a striking art that emphasizes hand techniques.
    Boxing?

Hi btw.

Comment

Hi thrutch.
      yeah I have considered boxing but I'm not sure.

Comment

Any reason in particular why not? If you're looking for a stand-up style that principally involves hand strikes (which is how I'm interpreting your post) then boxing is a great sport to learn. Hard training, live sparring, usually not too expensive and widely available.

Personally I've found that the footwork and sense of distance and timing I got from my years in a boxing gym have come in pretty handy in other MA styles and when I've needed to avoid getting hit in the str33t.

Comment

everything you just said is what is drawing me to boxing, all those benefits. One of the reasons is I haven't found a good gym for it yet, I also still do my karate. I know most people don't think much of it these days but I enjoy it. Its just a matter of fitting it into my life at this point but it does seem like a good option (boxing I mean) I need to check out a place I found out about that isn't too far away.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X