No announcement yet.

Shaolin Kool-Aide and Appeal to authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You failed because you were supposed to get it from your grandmaster, sigung, and sifu.

Oh and TheService, you'll also want to look up the title "Grandmaster."

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorami View Post
      Thanks TheSERVICE.

Now I feel better about getting all my Chinese history from watching 'Hero'.
      Double FAIL! You can't get historical facts from Hero you have to watch "Fearless" yes same actor, no not the same historical figure. I know it can get confusing when watching documentaries.
      安氏八极拳学生

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin.74 View Post
        Double FAIL! You can't get historical facts from Hero you have to watch "Fearless" yes same actor, no not the same historical figure. I know it can get confusing when watching documentaries.
        You both are wrong you need to watch Shaolin Temple, with the same actor, to get the true origin of all Martial Arts.

Comment

There was a massive 'calligraphy scene' in Hero, so that film also counts as written evidence!
          sigpic

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
          "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Comment

But what about the all important documentary The Five Deadly Venoms!!??
            安氏八极拳学生

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorami View Post
              There was a massive 'calligraphy scene' in Hero, so that film also counts as written evidence!
              Wow I guess your right. Man the Red Guard was really underfunded in the early years of the Cultural Revolution.
              安氏八极拳学生

Comment

Damnit, I got my Chinese history form watching Kurt Russel in Big trouble little china.
                I must have missed the Jet Li memo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin.74 View Post
                  But what about the all important documentary The Five Deadly Venoms!!??
                  They are ninjas that is Japanese history.

Originally posted by dflanmod View Post
                  Damnit, I got my Chinese history form watching Kurt Russel in Big trouble little china.
                  I must have missed the Jet Li memo.
                  Fail. That is US ChinaTown history.

Comment

"Master Of The Flying Guillotine" is the most important of all historical Chinese documentaries.

At least that's what the guy who sold me the DVD said...and I believe it. What other documentary accurately explores the ability of the Chinese to defy gravity at will?

Comment

Originally posted by FinalLegion View Post
                      What other documentary accurately explores the ability of the Chinese to defy gravity at will?
                      There's a great science documentary called The One that I found dealt with matter and energy in a much more understandable format than Hawking or Sagan.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSERVICE View Post
                        All the weapons you see in the video have been used in actual combat at one time or another and the only thing that would make them dangerous the skill of the person wielding them and his/her vibrant imagination.
                        Aw, shit--the secret is out.

Comment

All the weapons you see in the video have been used in actual combat at one time or another and the only thing that would make them dangerous the skill of the person wielding them and his/her vibrant imagination.
                          This whole statement could technically apply to the bat'leth

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                            This whole statement could technically apply to the bat'leth
                            Point of order, the bat'leth is based off the deer horn knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                              There's a great science documentary called The One that I found dealt with matter and energy in a much more understandable format than Hawking or Sagan.
                              I learned how to clean my room, use an umbrella, use stilts, and fight evil monks from the Iron Monkey Documentary.
                              sigpic

Comment

The Chinese Super Ninjas documentary (also a Shaw production!) taught me many important things:
                                • The Chinese had a lot of weapons but they all make exactly the same noise when struck.
                                • Japanese Samurai were as brave as the Chinese
                                • Getting poisoned means you can't use kung for about 3 months.
                                • Whenever you have a lot of warriors protecting a kung fu fortress, they are all going to die.
                                • Each element ninja dresses a certain color. Fire ninja is red, water ninja is blue, etc.
                                • Ninja women spies are really hot but will kill your ass as soon as look at you.
                                • Ninjas love fire element and will burn you and everything you own to the ground with it.
                                • The best way to beat Ninjas is to learn ninjutsu. Standard kung fu will not work on ninjas.
                                • The ninjas have a master who uses all of the different elements in the final battle.
                                • Everyone dies
                                Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/20/2011 11:44pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X