Aikido noob disarms robber.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aikido noob disarms robber.

Aikido doesn't work in the street, but it does in the ice cream store.

A Portland ice cream shop worker used a martial arts move to rip a gun away from a robber Sunday.
    Police said the robber -- who was armed with a gun -- walked into the Baskin Robbins on Northeast Cesar Chavez Boulevard and demanded cash. Gabe Sutherland was working behind the counter and said the robber wore a mask and shoved the gun into Sutherland's stomach. Sutherland also said the man kept asking for the keys to the store safe.
    When Sutherland said he didn't have the keys, the robber became more agitated. That was when Sutherland gave the robber more than he bargained for by grabbing the gun and taking him down, using a move he learned in his Aikido class.
    "When I did grab the gun -- to be honest, I was just waiting for it to fire and go off in my stomach or something," said Sutherland.
    "This guy seemed like he was dangerous. He had the gun, the gun was loaded and he had it in my stomach. It felt like if I hadn't given him what he wanted, he would have shot me," he said.
    The robber managed to get away with a little cash, but ran off without his gun.
    "Honestly, right now, I'm more worried about him coming back," said Sutherland.
    Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call Portland police.
    Ice Cream Shop Worker Uses Martial Arts Move On Robber
    Source: http://www.kptv.com/story/14787530/i...type=printable

Train hard, fight easy.

Comment

Wait what?? I was sure this was a troll, I mean really aikido worked?? Ok on a more serious note though how did the robber get away?? The clerk took his gun so why not hold him there with it. If I ever have to disarm someone I'm at the very least going to kneecap them just for pulling on me.

Comment

The art of holding without holding?
        Train hard, fight easy.

Comment

Hopefully he shouted "Aikido!" when doing his disarm.

Comment

3 months of aikido... LMFAO

And who the fuck robs an ice cream store anyway... a fucking RETARD does.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
              If I ever have to disarm someone I'm at the very least going to kneecap them just for pulling on me.
              Damn straight. I'd do it just out of spite for the fuckstick.

LOL.. aikido. [whatever]

Comment

at least it was a wristlock which is probably one of their better techniques as opposed to many of their other ones that rely on a person to stand there while you do all sorts of crazy stuff

Comment

That's actually a good and powerful wristlock and is a useful disarming technique. That and nikkyo are probably the two most practical joint locks in aikido. It's one of those things that should be taught in most MA curricula.

Comment

If he wants to be like Seagal, he can't be letting anyone steal his ice cream.

Or his pies.

Or his burgers.
                    sigpic

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
                    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                      Hopefully he shouted "Aikido!" when doing his disarm.
                      More likely it was something like "SCREAM for ICE CREAM!!!!".

Comment

Actually.. just to be a complete pedantic fuck..

What was shown on the clip isn't technically a "lock" because in the standing position, it doesn't immobilise the join, just manipulates it.

Kote gaeshi is designed to fracture dislocate the wrist and lead into the elbow and shoulder (depending upon the severity of the rotation)

[/pedantic]

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorami View Post
                          If he wants to be like Seagal, he can't be letting anyone steal his ice cream.

Or his pies.

Or his burgers.
                          He needs to grow a ponytail, and talk funny

Comment

Comment

Robber was lucky the clerk was a n00b, or he might've left his gun and his virginity behind.
                              sigpic

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
                              "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X