Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, proof that downward elbows can stop a takedown

1:20 into the video.

I mean it's pretty clear, but for the downward elbows, he would have been taken down.

Wait, that didn't kill him? But... But teh deadly! TEH DEADDDDLLLLYYYYYYY!!!

Here's another example I like. It's made all the more better by the guy going for the takedown not being a good grappler in the slightest. Watch from the 9:00 mark:

Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

I thought the video was hilarious...

The guy "defends" the takedown using downward elbows, then as he gets picked up, the referee separates them since he used downward elbows -- thus resulting in no takedown.

Comment

Ha, it's good.
        The fool thinks himself immortal,
        If he hold back from battle;
        But old age will grant him no truce,
        Even if spears spare him.

Comment

You fools. Don't you know that from the elbow strikes on key meridian points, the grappler will develop pancreatic cancer eventually after the fight? It's only a matter of time, 20-30 years tops until he dies from the wounds inflicted in that fight. Cancer always wins.
          Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
          "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

Originally posted by v1y View Post
            I thought the video was hilarious...

The guy "defends" the takedown using downward elbows, then as he gets picked up, the referee separates them since he used downward elbows -- thus resulting in no takedown.

thanks for explaining!
            FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Comment

Originally posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
              You fools. Don't you know that from the elbow strikes on key meridian points, the grappler will develop pancreatic cancer eventually after the fight? It's only a matter of time, 20-30 years tops until he dies from the wounds inflicted in that fight. Cancer always wins.
              Hmmmm, I was going to be polite and just remind you that you stole this from Men Who Stare at Goats then I thought no I will just say fuck you then I had some other thoughts but I decided the best way to tell you that I don't appreciate you stealing a joke from a movie is to reply with a paragraph with no punctuation or structure not that you'd understand or appreciate the humor in such an endeavor try to do better next time

Comment

Sorekara must get invited to all the coolest parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorekara View Post
                  Hmmmm, I was going to be polite and just remind you that you stole this from Men Who Stare at Goats then I thought no I will just say fuck you then I had some other thoughts but I decided the best way to tell you that I don't appreciate you stealing a joke from a movie is to reply with a paragraph with no punctuation or structure not that you'd understand or appreciate the humor in such an endeavor try to do better next time
                  There's nothing wrong with stealing a joke from a movie nobody saw... otherwise it just goes to waste. In fact you two should be enjoying a bonding moment right now being in the same 0.0059% of people on the internet who saw that movie.
                  Last edited by M-Tri; 11/19/2011 10:54am, .
                  FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Comment

Originally posted by M-Tri View Post
                    There's nothing wrong with stealing a joke from a movie nobody saw... otherwise it just goes to waste. In fact you two should be enjoying a bonding moment right now being in the same 0.0059% of people on the internet who saw that movie.
                    One was there to see Clooney, one to see the goats.
                    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                    DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                    Originally posted by Devil
                    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                    Originally posted by Plasma
                    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                    Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                    Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                      One was there to see Clooney, one to see the goats.
                      In my defense, I never payed to watch it.

Comment

I have hear stories of people coming straight down thier opponent's neck and possibly paralyzing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobbs001 View Post
                          I have hear stories of people coming straight down thier opponent's neck and possibly paralyzing them.
                          Bukkake, no can defebulugluglugluglug.
                          "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                          DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                          Originally posted by Devil
                          Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                          Originally posted by Plasma
                          At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                          Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                          Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

IF you guys ever saw fightquest, the giant kajukenbo guy trashed the MMA fighter with such an elbow. It looked pretty painful and effective.

Now please return to blowing BJJ.
                            "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
                            1) That it doesn't work
                            2) That it does work"
                            -Animal MacYoung

Comment

Originally posted by crappler View Post
                              IF you guys ever saw fightquest, the giant kajukenbo guy trashed the MMA fighter with such an elbow. It looked pretty painful and effective.

Now please return to blowing BJJ.
                              I remember that episode I think his back spasmed.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X