Martial Arts Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martial Arts Hall of Fame

How do a verify a claim by someone that he was inducted in the Martial Arts Hall of Fame? I went to the web site but it is cumbersom and the records only go back to 2000.

I don't know that there's a single credible martial arts hall of fame (at least one called the Martial Arts Hall of Fame). If you look over the investigations, you'll see lots of guys with hall of fame accomplishments from those pay-to-play sokeship orgs with no quality control and no real legitimacy.

Comment

Contact the Hall of Fame in question.
      However be warned that Hall of Fame membership is not a reliable indicator of quality, membership is typically bought. It's a scheme for making money, messaging egos, and impressing naive potential students.

edit: ninja'd by Permalost
      Last edited by realjanuary; 10/26/2011 5:04pm, .

Comment

Moved from the Japanese TMA forum.

Comment

Originally posted by aristotelian View Post
          How do a verify a claim by someone that he was inducted in the Martial Arts Hall of Fame? I went to the web site but it is cumbersom and the records only go back to 2000.
          Link us brah, who are we discussing here?

Comment

Originally posted by The Juggernoob View Post
            Link us brah, who are we discussing here?
            What he said, haha.

Comment

There's a bajillion Halls of Fame out there. Many of them are just excuses for bullshit artists to come together and circle jerk at the award's ceremony:

The only Hall of Fame I can think of that has any degree of substance is the Black Belt magazine HOF, but I wouldn't even give that much credibility:

Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Man, I just can't stop replaying his beatdown of Ken Shamrock.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                  Man, I just can't stop replaying his beatdown of Ken Shamrock.
                  You mean the one that was from a worked professional wrestling match? The reason I posted that video to illustrate my point about Hall of Fames is that Bart Vale was a fraud who passed off his wrestling matches in Japan as real.
                  Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                    You mean the one that was from a worked professional wrestling match? The reason I posted that video to illustrate my point about Hall of Fames is that Bart Vale was a fraud who passed off his wrestling matches in Japan as real.
                    You mean the pics of two-footed missile drop kicks landing on opponents aren't from real fights? Shenanigans!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X