San Antonio Wing Tsun Academy Mcdojo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Antonio Wing Tsun Academy Mcdojo?

hey uhh im interested in learning wing chun and this is one of the schools that popped up and does it look like a mcdojo?ill probably check it out later just wondering what you guys think

When I hear the term “McDojo”, I always think of lots of little kids running around in colored belts, and having to sign two year contracts and shit. This school isn’t one of those, but I guess it depends on what you’re looking to get out of your training. If you’re looking to just learn Wing Tsun, then this school is fine. Their Wing Tsun technique is solid. If you’re looking to learn to defend yourself, this is utterly worthless. I sat through all 10 minutes of their demonstration video, and there was no alive training at all. An attacker comes at you, throws a punch, and then stands there complacently while you hit him seven hundred times. That kind of training has no value in combat. Doesn’t look like there’s much impact training either, (i.e., actually hitting stuff), which means I doubt very seriously that any of these guys could hit with any kind of power. The abysmal fists they make kind of confirm that. Yeah, go ahead and try that phoenix eye punch on a real assailant. You’ll never play the violin again.

Still, overall this appears to be a “serious” adult targeted Wing Tsun class. Does that exonerate it from being a McDojo? Well, I guess that depends on your definition.
    Hope that helps!

Comment

This is the Chinese Martial Arts Kwoon, School, or Club Reviews where people place school reviews. I have moved this thread to the Newbietown forum.

Welcome to the forum Ramonesfreak566, what interests you in Wing Chun?

Comment

hey sorry i took an extremely long time to reply i didnt know anybody replied to this post i thought i would be alerted when they did anyways thanks and uhh i was impressed with the speed of the practicioners in wing chun and it seemed really fluid but thats pretty much it...

Comment

Hello Ramonesfreak566 I is teh Beak. Fellow San Antonian and lvl3 doochebag.

Welcome to the site.

If you ever want to met up to spar let me know.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X