Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWaggs
    replied
    Always happy to have another fellow hard style Karate practitioner here. Is your new school specifically a Kyokushin school, or another offshoot?

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by ironcastknight View Post
    Hell yeah! Kyokushin isn't Kyokushin if it isn't comprised entirely of asswhupping, bruises, and a "stop whining and keep fighting" attitude.
    Anybody ever get a look at Sirc's test video?

Welcome to the site. Love the username.

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Leave a comment:

• ironcastknight
    replied
    Hell yeah! Kyokushin isn't Kyokushin if it isn't comprised entirely of asswhupping, bruises, and a "stop whining and keep fighting" attitude.

Leave a comment:

• KO'd N DOA
    replied
    Down with Pandering.

I'm totally with you on that one.

Leave a comment:

• billy sol hurok
    replied
    Yep, any intro post that includes the word "mewling" shows promise. As does your handle.

Namaste!

Leave a comment:

• DarkPhoenix
    replied
    Welcome to bullsido.

You will most definitely enjoy your stay!

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    welcome to the site and I like the cut of your jib.

Leave a comment:

• EnragedChewtoy
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome(s). Reading the threads here made me realise that my reasons for leaving the old dojo were valid ... kinda felt for a long while that I was being too harsh maybe. Cuz being a woman I ought to just love

Leave a comment:

• TaeBo_Master
    replied
    At first glance, you'll get along just fine here.

Leave a comment:

• Evilenzo
    replied
    Welcome to Bullshido!

Leave a comment:

• EnragedChewtoy
    started a topic Bitchy, bitter old bag chiming in

Bitchy, bitter old bag chiming in

Currently hold a McBlack belt in a kyokushin-offshoot. Sparring standards vary between dojos in said offshoot; the dojo where I did my shodan grading was one of the softer ones, hence the 'Mc'. Wasn't a soft dojo when I started training (late '80's), but over the years the dojo began pandering to whitebread upper-middle class wankers and their mewling brats (i.e., $$$$$$$). Couldn't be bothered with that, so I quit training, didn't train for many years.

Fortunately I have moved to a new city and the dojo there is just like how my previous one was in the good old days. So have started training again. They kick my fat arse all over the dojo, do not make allowances for how out of shape I am. They don't give a shit. I waddle out of every sparring class in a dazed and confused state, bruises on bruises on bruises.

I love it.

Great site, btw.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X