Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I officially don't just fight for sport but to SURVIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I officially don't just fight for sport but to SURVIVE!

So last week as i'm coming home, i'm talking on my phone and a group of teenagers are across the street. I don't think much of it until one of them runs over and gives me a sucker punch (which I don't really feel, although my glasses get knocked into someone's yard). I snap my head towards him and his friends and yell IT'S FUN TIME and begin chasing after them. One of them, in oh-shit mode, throws a brick which opens up a gash on my cheek.

When the brick didn't phase me that's when they realized things were really wrong. I led them on a running chase for three blocks, covered in blood and laughing maniacally and hooting atavistically. Somewhere in this another brick is thrown (misses), a stick is swung at me (also misses, I yell "You missed! You suck!") before the swinger breaks and runs too and the group as a whole decides to follow suit.

They run across New York Ave, through traffic, splitting in two directions as I beg them to come back so we can, and I quote, "get intimate in a scary way".

I didn't use a single martial arts technique as I never got close enough to, but combat sports gave me all the tools I needed for this situation. While a ninja would have been laid out (as he never experienced contact) or running away, competition gave me the mental and physical toughness to flip the script on the little bastards and the conditioning to sprint that far. This, ultimately, is why training for "multiple opponents" is usually a stupid idea.

"I am a bigger predator than you, and I am going to eat you now" is a great tactic against bullies, including bullies in groups, heh. Always worked for me.

Comment

Cool story bro.

Comment

Actually, it was all just a trick for one of their confederates to steal your glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedgehogey View Post
          "get intimate in a scary way"
          mating call of the Hedgehogey

Comment

Brick to the face is for the ring, not the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivington View Post
              Actually, it was all just a trick for one of their confederates to steal your glasses.
              I found the glassses three days later. The only thing that got stolen was the book I was carrying. Hope they like A Song Of Ice And Fire!

Comment

Sucker punch followed up by a brick to the head ?

Dude, you need to move outta' that place.

Comment

Bleeding from the face is nothing new to Hedge.
                  Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
                  "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

Bleeding from the face for Hedge is like monthly bleeding for a woman, they don't get weaker and die, just stronger and more aggressive.

Comment

Then eats a lot of chocolate and talks about his feelings.
                      Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
                      "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

This is an attitude that can only come from being camped out on Judoforum.

Comment

Originally posted by SifuAbel
                          I smell bullshit.
                          What does that smell like exactly?

Comment

It would smell less like BS if accompanied by at the very least a pic of Hedgie's new smile.

Brick to the head is assault w/ deadly weapon territory. Any of this get reported to "the man" ?

Comment

Where the hell are these kids finding so many spare bricks!?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X