Chastised so posting a Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chastised so posting a Hello

I want to lurk. I *like* to lurk. But the system has chastised me for not posting something so here's my intro.

I'm a 42 year old guy in Northern Virginia, a professional computer nerd. I was getting out of shape, so about a year ago I decided to find something new and interesting to get my ass back in the gym. When both a friend and an ex-girlfriend independently suggested finding a good martial arts program, I decided to give it a try.

I began taking Krav Maga. I've had a ton of fun with it, lost 25lbs, and have been surprised at how much I have enjoyed learning a martial art. I wish I had known this about myself 20 years ago.

Make that martial arts, plural. In addition to Krav I started taking Brazilian Jiu Jitsu a couple of months ago. I earned my first stripe this week.

Originally posted by ConcreteShoeMan View Post
    I want to lurk. I *like* to lurk. But the system has chastised me for not posting something so here's my intro.

I'm a 42 year old guy in Northern Virginia, a professional computer nerd. I was getting out of shape, so about a year ago I decided to find something new and interesting to get my ass back in the gym. When both a friend and an ex-girlfriend independently suggested finding a good martial arts program, I decided to give it a try.

I began taking Krav Maga. I've had a ton of fun with it, lost 25lbs, and have been surprised at how much I have enjoyed learning a martial art. I wish I had known this about myself 20 years ago.

Make that martial arts, plural. In addition to Krav I started taking Brazilian Jiu Jitsu a couple of months ago. I earned my first stripe this week.
    Sweet, where are you at, KM NOVA, Silverback, First Defense or Pedro Sauer's place? I'm guessing Pedro Sauer's, although I'm not sure.

Comment

Computer nerds are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by yli View Post
        Sweet, where are you at, KM NOVA, Silverback, First Defense or Pedro Sauer's place? I'm guessing Pedro Sauer's, although I'm not sure.
        Krav Works / The Fighter's Garage in Falls Church. They are affiliated with Royler Gracie &

Comment

Originally posted by Nefron View Post
          Computer nerds are awesome.
          Clearly. Why didn't the girls in high school realize this?

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteShoeMan View Post
            Krav Works / The Fighter's Garage in Falls Church. They are affiliated with Royler Gracie &
            IKMA school. Interesting. There aren't too many of those in the US. I'll have to stop on by later on.

Comment

Originally posted by yli View Post
              IKMA school. Interesting. There aren't too many of those in the US. I'll have to stop on by later on.
              Let me know when you do so I can say "hello".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X