Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krijgsman
    replied
    Yah, that sounds familiar. My time in no-gi grappling was spent getting choked out by teenagers who I outweighed by a good 40 lbs who had something to prove, and then finally working with the older more mature students who actually bothered to help me out and teach me technique.

Leave a comment:

• RWaggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Krijgsman View Post
    And, on a personal note, my biggest martial arts regret is that, growing up, my schools didn't have wrestling (the public schools did, though) and so I missed out on a really good martial art and really good MMA base.

Thats all.
    Welcome! I don't think you need to regret this, if it wasn't available. My biggest MA regret is that my schools DID have wrestling available and I didn't take advantage of it. Now I'm 30, way behind on grappling and getting tapped by 19 year olds who did wrestle.

Leave a comment:

• Krijgsman
    started a topic Intro

Intro

Hello forum

I am Krijgsman, and figured I would introduce myself after lurking a while since the little yellow box at the top of the screen keeps berating me to post.

I did a few years of TKD since it was the only martial art available in the entire county I lived in most of my life.

Then I moved to Idaho. I did 6 months of no-gi grappling until I got roughed up by an overzealous kimura and also ran out of money.

I intend to join one of the two muay thai gyms that are within a mile or two of my house as soon as I get a new job and can afford it. Conveniently, they both also have MMA and grappling classes so I fully intend to make good use of that as well.

And, on a personal note, my biggest martial arts regret is that, growing up, my schools didn't have wrestling (the public schools did, though) and so I missed out on a really good martial art and really good MMA base.

Thats all.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X