JKD clip found on youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JKD clip found on youtube

anyone see this one before , and just want to say the punch in the balls or finger jab is not what most JKD people think is the answer to grappling !

JKD not for the ring? He should tell it to David Hood, Todd Medina and Erik firckin Paulson.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

probably in his mind they are not real jkd , but I think guys like this give jkd a bad name

Comment

Why would anybody listen to Nick Frost about self defense?
        "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Comment

Still..someone doing an armbar, choke, etc... for real, either in the ring or on the street will do it so quickly and aggressively that you wouldn't have time to do any of these techniques...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Phillips View Post
            JKD not for the ring? He should tell it to David Hood, Todd Medina and Erik firckin Paulson.
            THIS!

Comment

Originally posted by Rawb_Prime View Post
              THIS!
              THIS!

Comment

Everytime BJJ positions and balls are mentioned I demand that someone post this video:

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
                  THIS!
                  THIS!

Comment

Originally posted by TomMack View Post

anyone see this one before , and just want to say the punch in the balls or finger jab is not what most JKD people think is the answer to grappling !
                    JKD videos...making Wing Chun videos look reasonable since 1994.

Comment

Originally posted by TomMack View Post

*shame my head*
                      His reasoning for this to work is that an average person is not going to react like a trained fighter. Problem is this stuff would be even harder to do on an "average person" because it going to most likely be wailing away. Plus getting hit in the balls mounted isn't going to get a big reaction that he thinks. Just like punching up you aren't going to have the power to do anything other than be annoying, especially with adrenaline running.

And here is the real question. Why do these "street" guys always think they have come up with something better than the tried and true. If it works on trained combat athletes then its going to work on an average person regardless of where you are. This pokey pinchy BS is less reliable than bump, trap, roll, now I'm on top and can pass guard or drop bombs.
                      ______
                      Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                      -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                      The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                      -Daniel Tosh

Comment

That JKD video rules. He literally advocates the Purple Nerple for street self defense. Also that guy has clearly never in his life been arm barred by anyone who knows what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by zaohu View Post
                          Why would anybody listen to Nick Frost about self defense?
                          As a Brit I can confirm this. The above instructor would be described colloquially as a "a fat fuck bellend" , or " a big fucking southern fairy with a mouth to match his belly"

Comment

I'm sure they would invent some incomprehensible reason why those guys don't count. If you pay attention to Youtube comments, pretty much every traditional martial artist who ever lost a fight was not a true representative of his style.
                            Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

I love the pinches! They're great fun in sparring. I had a mate, (vice grips for hands) grab a fist full of flesh on my inner thigh just above the knee and shake like a pitbull. I wouldn't advise trying it on someone you're not good friends with. Usually gets a violent reaction.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X