Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time lurker introduction

Hey all,

I've been reading Bullshido threads for a long time, but just now registered. I guess after all the years of seeing people here doing something real and good for martial arts, I finally decided I wanted to be part of it instead of just an observer. Thanks to everyone for all the good you guys do, from the meet-ups that keep the keyboard warriors in line, to the investigations that help people from becoming victims of unscrupulous "masters" trying to fleece them.

Some basic info:

I started seriously training martial arts in Seattle, where I started learning Judo under "Art" Oki Sensei, at Seattle Dojo. I got my ass handed to me at a judo tournament via newaza by a BJJ guy who turned out to be very friendly when we talked after the match and invited me to train at Gracie Barra Ballard under Professor Micah Reyes, where I ended up becoming a permanent student.

I moved back to San Diego and started training at San Diego Fight Club under Charlie Kohler and Paul Silva. Paul split from the fight club and became part of the Revolution BJJ team under Rodrigo Meideros, and I feel truly privileged to be able to train with them as well. I wish I could find a Judo club down here that I like that matches my schedule but no luck. :(

I'm currently a brown belt in Judo (sankyu), and a purple belt in BJJ.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X