No announcement yet.

Double-leg takedown counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen rugby tackles in more than once drunken brawl.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Comment

oh I see. im totally new to MA so do not take my word on it. I just based it on my own experience.

maybe it also has something to do with me being in a different part of the globe. street fights here almost always start with a punch. its rare to see guys do a tackle/takedown when they fight. there are very few Pinoy/Filipino street thug wannabes that really knows MA.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeMMA View Post
        @jnp - does the guy your fighting with/defending from have MA background? do you have MA experience?

based on my experience, if you're up against a guy/thug/bully on the streets, more often than not, they won't have any MA background. also, more often than not, they would throw punches first. even experienced MA practitioner/artist/fighter, the first attack is almost always a punch.

the best counter I know is to... RUN!

if you really cannot avoid the situation though, and you know that the guy would eventually attempt a takedown, just dont give him the chance to do it. how you would stop him from takng you down will all be up to you.

fights in the ring/octagon is totally different from street fights. its rare that guys would take their opponent down like we see in the movies. hope this helps!
        What does all that have to do with countering a double leg takedown?

The thread starter asked a question about countering a specific technique. Your reply deals with various general situations. It's important to stay on topic in the moderated forums or these discussions drift quickly away from the original subject.
        Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
          What does all that have to do with countering a double leg takedown?

The thread starter asked a question about countering a specific technique. Your reply deals with various general situations. It's important to stay on topic in the moderated forums or these discussions drift quickly away from the original subject.
          forgive my noobishness jnp. I meant to direct that post to the threadstarter but somehow ended up posting/quoting your handle. my apologies.

BTT...

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeMMA View Post
            its rare to see guys do a tackle/takedown when they fight. there are very few Pinoy/Filipino street thug wannabes that really knows MA.
            You don't need to train to know that you can tackle people to the ground.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X