And so the bruises begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so the bruises begin

2nd week of Muay Thai training, and i like how it's going, despite the pain. :P

I've gotten faster and stronger in the ring, and workouts are being stepped up. I actually hear a loud "thwack" when i kick the long heavy bag so, hey. There's an improvement, lol.

Okay, so for the point of this thread. My trainer got me on this sit-up thing which is diagonal and my legs are trapped at the top (i hope you guys get me). So after my regular situps, he makes me suspend myself and he hits my abs (yes, abs! :D) like, 15 times with a hard rubber noodle for 2 sets. He does that to my sides too.

Then there were the two other trainers. I was kicking the heavy bag, when one of em asked me to start kicking his shin while he blocked. I'm sorry for being a sissy, but that hurt so bad. Then the other guy instructed me to block while he kicks.

I realize now how destructive Muay Thai legs can be. My legs are completely bruised (it didn't help that i had my period when this happened) but, hey. Ensayo.:Determined:

Ouch. Just reading about it makes me want to do Aikido. Glad you're making progress.

Comment

Originally posted by No.1_Son View Post
      Ouch. Just reading about it makes me want to do Aikido. Glad you're making progress.
      I can see where you're coming from. :P
      And thanks. :D If it hurts for me, it'll hurt doubly so for whoever i'm up against. My legs are taking a good rest today. I'll be hitting the gym for some boxing later.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X