Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginners Judo Gi

Hi,
    I've been doing judo for a couple of months now and my taekwondo uniform, which I've been permitted to wear due to financial issues back then, has ripped right down the back last lesson during newaza.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a replacement? I'll prefer the price to be relatively cheap (preferably least than $100) and durable. Comfort isn't a big must for me since I only wear it for two times a week, ninety minutes at a time.

I think Danrho dojo line is what we usually kit our beginners out with.

Comment

http://www.kicksport.com/shop/White-...-and-Uniforms/
      there seems to be a good selection of gis here im sure if you google it youll find tons of cheap gis to expensive gis.

Comment

Golden Tiger. I STILL have my very first one from 1997. Usually about $40.

Comment

Originally posted by C0WB0Y View Post
          Golden Tiger. I STILL have my very first one from 1997. Usually about $40.
          I went onto the website (http://www.goldentiger.com/shop/) and all they are selling are doboks and not judogis :P

As a sidenote, does anyone know if the gis are unisex or are their specific male or female gis? I notice that some of the girls doing bjj have gis that curves in at around the waist and is in the delightful colour of....pink...

Comment

Golden Tiger gi for $36

http://www.goldentiger.com/shop/shop...03&listg=gosub

Comment

And the only one who gets to wear a pink gi in Judo is Gene LeBell.

Comment

More expensive ones will have a better choice of cuts (well, a choice of wide and narrow), but usually with the cheapies, all you're going to get is a choice of height.

Comment

The sizes differ from male, to female, to kids. Female gis typicaly run smaller and have curves. http://www.fightwear.com.au/sizecharts.htm

Comment

Those sizes are for BJJ gis which are not the same as Judogis.

Comment

Yeah.. BJJ gi is a snugger fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Katriona1992 View Post
                        Hi,
                        I've been doing judo for a couple of months now and my taekwondo uniform, which I've been permitted to wear due to financial issues back then, has ripped right down the back last lesson during newaza.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a replacement? I'll prefer the price to be relatively cheap (preferably least than $100) and durable. Comfort isn't a big must for me since I only wear it for two times a week, ninety minutes at a time.

I'd say HSU but I noticed you are in Australia.

Get a single weight white judogi.

Ben
                        Last edited by BKR; 5/31/2011 5:37pm, . Reason: You are in Australia!

Comment

A bog standard white gi.

To be honest Kat most of us come from civilized countries that aren't infested with deadly creepy crawlies, so can't really answer you question.

Given that you train at Zenbu, which boasts Morgan Endicott Davies I imagine your club has a good relationship with local gi suppliers and either has a stock of beginner gi and good prices or can source you one.

I would say its probably best to ask the people who run your club, because they have all the local knowledge and the connections to get a you a good gi and a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by judoka_uk View Post
                            A bog standard white gi.

To be honest Kat most of us come from civilized countries that aren't infested with deadly creepy crawlies, so can't really answer you question.

Given that you train at Zenbu, which boasts Morgan Endicott Davies I imagine your club has a good relationship with local gi suppliers and either has a stock of beginner gi and good prices or can source you one.

I would say its probably best to ask the people who run your club, because they have all the local knowledge and the connections to get a you a good gi and a good price.
                            Aye, I was just getting a bit more excited at the prospect of new clothes that I can't wait till Saturday :P

On a side note, I would like to personally thank you for helping me a LONG way in martial arts through your polite and informative posts :)

Comment

the only judogis i have seen with cuts for women are kusakura, and you don't want to pay that much. take judokauk's advice for sure.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X