bjj or muay thai for base???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bjj or muay thai for base???

Im in bjj and ive been to two classes and i like it alot, but ive also been to a muay thai class which i thought was really good too. I would like to become a fighter and cant decide which art to chose as my base my father is advising me to go with muay thai but I cant decide. I have enough money to pay for one art but am saving up so i will be able to take both later in the summer. which should i have as a base? THANKS for any help. :TrollDad:

Wrestling.

Comment

oh, Im a 16 year old male, 5'9, and 167pounds.

Comment

Have I mentioned wrestling?

Comment

Take your father's advice, imo. Also, welcome.

Comment

Are you in highschool? If your school has a team they'll teach you wrestling for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindz View Post
              Are you in highschool? If your school has a team they'll teach you wrestling for free.
              So we agree wrestling?

Comment

It's cheap free, effective and only available for a few years of your life.

Comment

That wasn't definitive 'yes' or 'no'. We are doing this posterity.

Comment

I plan on signing up for wrestling next school year. and i am looking for a place to go in my area.

Comment

In that case take BJJ. You are young kid. No need in punishing your body at this time.

Comment

I think he should try wrestling. I started at 14, and still use it to frustrate my training partner's every time I'm on the mat.

Edit: Woops, that's what I get for coming back and hitting reply after two hours.
                        Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

If you want to be a fighter, boxing. You'll get about 10x as many fights as any other combat sport. I guess if you want to be good at MMA, do wrestling or something... I guess.

Comment

If you have enough money for BJJ, you have enough money for Boxing and Judo at the same time. Wrestle at school, or look for club wrestling in your area. If it has to be BJJ or MT, do BJJ. You can compete in MMA with just BJJ; just MT, not so much.
                            Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
                            Luta Livre flees the fight,
                            Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
                            Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

thanks for all the advice, im going to go to bjj during the summer and join my high schools wrestling team. Once i earn enough money im going to join muay thai aswell.
                              but again THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X