Beginner excuses for not sparring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karma2343 View Post
    "No thanks, my problem is that I'm a pacifist and don't want to hurt anything or anyone." The worst part was the way they said it, as if everyone else in the martial arts was a ragging barbarian and this guy just couldn't spar because he just cares too much.
    As a pacifist, why is he taking martial arts anyway?

Comment

As far as excuses for not sparring go I only have one that I have used with regularity throughout my MA history.
      My alarm will go off & I'll switch it off & roll over to go back to sleep,& about 20 mins later my wife will turn & ask me whether I am going to training or not & my reply ( often on a thurs. morn ) is,"you know what...I can't be fucked getting the shit kicked out of me this morning.
      Sure,there are more comical responses we can come up with,but Gods truth,I have used this one often....But NEVER during class.
      What my coaches / Instructors say goes...goes.
      I may think to myself "well this is gonna suck,but it doesn't stop me from giving my all & dealing with the discomfort in the time honoured method....Painkillers & vodka.
      Again,I can't speak for others & certainly can't generalise.

Comment

For some reason my posts aren't showing,so to save the bullshit of typing the same crap for the fourth time!!
        Give me 48hrs,I should be able to sort something ( not the gym I train in,but one owned by a friend of mine ).
        Hopefully this post takes.

Comment

Originally posted by karma2343 View Post
          "No thanks, my problem is that I'm a pacifist and don't want to hurt anything or anyone." The worst part was the way they said it, as if everyone else in the martial arts was a ragging barbarian and this guy just couldn't spar because he just cares too much.
          He should take a leaf out the japanese WW2 pacifists book. They used to man-up and get there asses on the front line, and be pacifists by shooting over the enemies heads.

To prove he was a pacifist and not a coward, your man should have sparred, and just made his own punches miss.

Comment

I've never turned down a sparring session in my life, now I'm a little punch drunk and my bodys fucked, maybe excuses arent lookin so bad anymore

Comment

I've asked to start on top in turtle/quarter position because my back was hurting.

Easiest oil check I've ever done.

They only fall for it once.

Comment

Originally posted by erezb
                Man you are one funny mother fucker actually made me translate what you where saying to my GF. Good one you are talented!
                Thanks. I'm particularly taken by my 'macarena' reference, consistently chuckleworthy.
                GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                Originally posted by Devil
                I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Seriously, I look for excuses to spar, and can't understand why anyone would want an excuse NOT to. So far I haven't been able to find any good ones, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by wuss View Post
                    Seriously, I look for excuses to spar, and can't understand why anyone would want an excuse NOT to. So far I haven't been able to find any good ones, unfortunately.
                    Have you tried "surprise sparring"?

It's kinda like assault, only friendlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon_6 View Post
                      Have you tried "surprise sparring"?

It's kinda like assault, only friendlier.
                      Best places to do surprise sparring are right outside Tae Kwon Do dojangs. I drop off my dry cleaning, punch a TKDer and pick up greasy chinese food all in one quick stop at the strip mall. And sometimes I pick up candy at the dollar store while I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by tao.jonez View Post
                        And sometimes I pick up candy at the dollar store while I'm there.
                        Is that for the "surprise sleepovers?"

Comment

Yah. I hang a Snickers inside the open door of my windowless van and ... Wait, you a narc, bro? You look like a narc.

Comment

i usually tell people my chi is to strong and i can kill them if i wanted to.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X