X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katriona1992
    replied
    Originally posted by money View Post
    Lol no it isn't. I counted 8 for Judo, 2 for boxing and 2 more that were (maybe?) boxing.
    Mehhhhh...I shouldl have added in a poll :/

Leave a comment:

• money
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin View Post
    The advice given here is almost a 50/50 split.
    Lol no it isn't. I counted 8 for Judo, 2 for boxing and 2 more that were (maybe?) boxing.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Have you thought about it from this angle: once you finish school (3.5 years from now?) and have more free time...what then?

If you love both equally, stick with the one that works best with your school schedule (since that is priority #1), and then pick the other back up again after school is done.

Which would be harder for you to re-acquire? My noobish opinion is that Judo would be much harder to pick up than boxing after your studies. So keep doing Judo (that's what I did throughout school) and when you've graduated, your Judo will be strong and you can pick up where you left off with boxing.

Leave a comment:

• twisted mind
    replied
    Well you have definitely got yourself involved into two really solid arts, the question is which one do you enjoy the most?
    Basically, the strikers on this site are going to advise you towards boxing and the grapplers are going to advise you towards Judo.
    If you are using this to maintain your physical fitness, then I too would advise you to keep on boxing simply because you can box 3 days a week whereas you can only practice Judo 1 day.

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    The advice given here is almost a 50/50 split.
    I'd agree with the sentiment that you shouldn't trade 4 days of training for 1 day, but it really comes down to what you personally enjoy.

Typical martial artist time spent training in lifetime, let's say 30-40 years. time spent actually needing martial arts skills outside of martial arts? I'm guessing this figure is much, much lower, probably by an order of magnitude.

This being said, judo probably gives you more useful LIFE skills than boxing strictly with regard to how to fall safely.

Leave a comment:

• Jim_Jude
    replied
    Originally posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    Its alot more expensive than the two options and...doesn't it have a bad rep here or something?
    I was just teasing ^_^

I agree with the consensus. Stick with Judo!

Leave a comment:

• judoka_uk
    replied
    It takes a very long time to reach even a basic level of proficiency in Judo only practicing once a week.

However, which one do you enjoy more, because that's critical no point dropping boxing and then realising a few months later you're not really passionate about Judo or vice versa.

If dropping boxing doesn't allow you to train Judo at least twice a week and you don't enjoy Judo more than boxing than I would say drop the Judo.

Leave a comment:

• Poop Balls
    replied
    I'd stick with judo. I'm a pretty small guy and I've had a lot better luck throwing bigger guys than I have punching them. Also, judo is a lot easier on the face and that is kind of important to some men and most women.

Leave a comment:

• Sang
    replied
    Jim_Jude is trolling, he doesn't really believe that.

Stick with boxing, 4 days workout to 1 with half the cost is easily the better option.

Leave a comment:

• Katriona1992
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    quit both and start doing Systema. It's better for someone with your build.
    Its alot more expensive than the two options and...doesn't it have a bad rep here or something?

Leave a comment:

• Jim_Jude
    replied
    quit both and start doing Systema. It's better for someone with your build.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Originally posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    thanks man :)
    you are welcome, she might have some suggestions for training in the area or a club that offers both of what you are looking for at a price you can fit into your budget.

Leave a comment:

• hoodedmonk
    replied
    Though Personally I preferr the Grappling arts(Bjj) If I was you, I would choose Boxing. It is both cheaper and because it is 3 times a week you might get better benifits fitness wise. That being said if your passion is Judo than stick with it. Good luck in decision.

Leave a comment:

• The_Beak
    replied
    Buddy system, Tasers, rape whistle, mace for self defense.

Judo for it's many other benefits.

I haven't been in a bunch of street fights but I have fallen off of stuff.

Breakfalls help out alot with that type of self defense.

Leave a comment:

• Katriona1992
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I sent a PM to poster "Lily" who is both female and in your area. When she returns from her vacation, she may post on this thread.
    thanks man :)

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X