Thinking of quitting one...WHICH ONE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***IGNORE THIS POST***

The real test would be to go BoxingForum and see how many boxers tell you to stick with Judo.
    Then go to JudoForum and see how many Judoka tell you to stick with boxing.

Or better yet get your Coach's to has a DEF MATCH!!!11111

Comment

Everyone has probably seen this, but I cant resist posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Poop Balls View Post
        Everyone has probably seen this, but I cant resist posting it.
        I haven't seen this before....tis good :)

Comment

I've seen it. many times. Didn't stop me from watching it again though, lol.
          video game reviews

Comment

Obviously, I love Judo. Yet at the same time I recommend you quit Judo. Once a week practice will get you nowhere. Unless you plan on stepping up your Judo sessions per week in lieu of boxing, you'd be better off training the Sweet Science.

Comment

Another perspective: A good excercise and training regime will (within reason) actually GENERATE energy you can use for studies and such. Being a fairly new judo nutrider (martial arts technical term for "fanboy") I'd of course prefer for you to continue judo. Thing is, the main issue is that you maintain a sensible and regular training schedule so that you do your best in regard to studies.

An activity that lets you get good and tired 3 times a week is well worth the effort and will support your studies rather than detract from it.

Of course, this is my own personal experience and might not be valid for you.

Regards, and good luck with your studies
              Lars

Comment

Originally posted by C0WB0Y View Post
                Obviously, I love Judo. Yet at the same time I recommend you quit Judo. Once a week practice will get you nowhere. Unless you plan on stepping up your Judo sessions per week in lieu of boxing, you'd be better off training the Sweet Science.
                I can't step up on the lessons as I need to study on most nights :(

Comment

Yeah, then the obvious answer is to quit Judo. Training once a week is wasting your time and your instructor's time. Judo is very diffiicult to learn and requires well more than one practice a week to learn anything of value. Come back to it later when you have more time to dedicate.

Comment

I say quit boxing. If you're strapped for time on most nights, once a week will probably be less stressful. It's far easier to practice boxing at home, as others have noted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fluffers View Post
                      I say quit boxing. If you're strapped for time on most nights, once a week will probably be less stressful. It's far easier to practice boxing at home, as others have noted.
                      haha...practising is not easy any of the arts easy...not whilst you're sharing an apartment with four other girls and you only have half a room :P

Comment

You could always train in the carefully crafted guise of a pillow fight.

Comment

Fluffers you must be on your fifth drink already. Remember the rules of newbietown!
                          video game reviews

Comment

No trolling intended here, just cutting up a little. Didn't mean any harm by it. I stand by my advice though, for what it's worth - stick with the judo.

Comment

Katriona it depends whether and how much you'd like to compete.

If you would like to compete at a serious level, I think Boxing is less forgiving about going back when you're older. In the UK the main sanctioning body for amateurs won't even let you fight past the age of 34.

So if you want to compete as a boxer, make the most of your youth.
                              !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Comment

I've just got a message from one of my friends recommending a gym in Redfern (10 minutes away from where I live) that has really really good training offered at next to none pricing. However, its also rumoured to be closed own by my other buddies.

Has anyone heard of the Tony Mundine's Gym?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X