Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Fluffers
    replied
    You could always train in the carefully crafted guise of a pillow fight.

Leave a comment:

• Katriona1992
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Fluffers View Post
    I say quit boxing. If you're strapped for time on most nights, once a week will probably be less stressful. It's far easier to practice boxing at home, as others have noted.
    haha...practising is not easy any of the arts easy...not whilst you're sharing an apartment with four other girls and you only have half a room :P

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Fluffers
    replied
    I say quit boxing. If you're strapped for time on most nights, once a week will probably be less stressful. It's far easier to practice boxing at home, as others have noted.

Leave a comment:

• C0WB0Y
    replied
    Yeah, then the obvious answer is to quit Judo. Training once a week is wasting your time and your instructor's time. Judo is very diffiicult to learn and requires well more than one practice a week to learn anything of value. Come back to it later when you have more time to dedicate.

Leave a comment:

• Katriona1992
    replied
    Originally posted by C0WB0Y View Post
    Obviously, I love Judo. Yet at the same time I recommend you quit Judo. Once a week practice will get you nowhere. Unless you plan on stepping up your Judo sessions per week in lieu of boxing, you'd be better off training the Sweet Science.
    I can't step up on the lessons as I need to study on most nights :(

Leave a comment:

• LarsCG
    replied
    Another perspective: A good excercise and training regime will (within reason) actually GENERATE energy you can use for studies and such. Being a fairly new judo nutrider (martial arts technical term for "fanboy") I'd of course prefer for you to continue judo. Thing is, the main issue is that you maintain a sensible and regular training schedule so that you do your best in regard to studies.

An activity that lets you get good and tired 3 times a week is well worth the effort and will support your studies rather than detract from it.

Of course, this is my own personal experience and might not be valid for you.

Regards, and good luck with your studies
    Lars

Leave a comment:

• C0WB0Y
    replied
    Obviously, I love Judo. Yet at the same time I recommend you quit Judo. Once a week practice will get you nowhere. Unless you plan on stepping up your Judo sessions per week in lieu of boxing, you'd be better off training the Sweet Science.

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    I've seen it. many times. Didn't stop me from watching it again though, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Katriona1992
    replied
    Originally posted by Poop Balls View Post
    Everyone has probably seen this, but I cant resist posting it.
    I haven't seen this before....tis good :)

Leave a comment:

• Poop Balls
    replied
    Everyone has probably seen this, but I cant resist posting it.

Leave a comment:

• The_Beak
    replied
    ***IGNORE THIS POST***

The real test would be to go BoxingForum and see how many boxers tell you to stick with Judo.
    Then go to JudoForum and see how many Judoka tell you to stick with boxing.

Or better yet get your Coach's to has a DEF MATCH!!!11111

Leave a comment:

• Katriona1992
    replied
    If anyone has any lessons starting after 3:30pm and finishing before 6pm near that area on weekdays, please tell me ^^ I might be able to make a change of schools since I'm not in any contracts (I pay monthly fees)

Leave a comment:

• Katriona1992
    replied
    For the record, these are the clubs I currently attend: http://www.zenbu.com.au/ and http://www.toetotoe.com.au/

I switched from USyd boxing because of classes clashing :(

Leave a comment:

• Sang
    replied
    Originally posted by money View Post
    Lol no it isn't. I counted 8 for Judo, 2 for boxing and 2 more that were (maybe?) boxing.
    When you remove the people who didn't read the OP it's rather even.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck11b
    replied
    You've already gotten many great responses from people who are likely far more qualified than I to advise you. A few thoughts did occur to me, however, so here goes ... Do you feel like the instruction you receive at one of the two facilities is clearly of a higher quality than what you're getting at the other? Technical proficiency of the respective cadre, level of individual attention available at each facility, and how well the type of instruction offered meshes with your personal learning style might be factors to consider. Another consideration which may be of great importance is the question of which discipline you truly enjoy more. Having just gone through a semester of demanding grad school work on top of a full time job myself, I found the "fun" factor to be critical in maintaining a high level of motivation and consistency in training and recreational endeavors. When your free time is at a premium and you're tired at the end of a busy day, that little bit of extra enthusiasm you feel for your preferred art might just play a pivotal role in making the choice to hop in your car and head off to training.

In that same vein, boxing may have a slight advantage simply because you get three "bites at the apple" each week as opposed to one. If academic and other responsibilities rear their heads and foil your training plans on one particular night, you could simply go to two out of three boxing sessions that week rather than being forced to go a full two weeks between judo workouts.

Best of luck with whatever option you choose! Boxing and judo are both awesome and, as others have already said, you really can't go wrong.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X