No announcement yet.

ADCC Eddie Bravo vs Royler Gracie 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a fan of TPJJ and I'm trying to become a pro-member on his site too (some problems with paypal when I get forwarded from their site, but they are working on it).

Just like others said before, TPJJ is an extra tool, just as my Judo and Freestyle Wrestling is. My main knowledge and core Jiu Jitsu comes from Brasa.

And yes, like some already said, there are newbies training the advanced stuff without having mastered the basics first, but Eddie has mentioned that you have to first know your basics in BJJ before you can add TPJJ to your game.

I myself have just added the Lockdown into my game because I get caught a lot in half-guard. Not really fancy and like I said, I "added", so the Lockdown isn't all I rely on when I'm stuck in half-guard.
    Slowly while my knowledge and game improves, I will just add other TPJJ techniques to the other BJJ techniques. I hope one day to start training the the Rubber Guard...and with one day I mean when I become a brown belt in BJJ, not earlier, since I consider this at this time the most difficult TPJJ technique outthere and therefor it will be the last one to learn from the TPJJ curriculum.

The real strenght of the TPJJ system for me is that, in combination with your BJJ no-gi knowledge, you can have a standarized belt level in sub-grappling.
    Nowadays everyone can teach sub-grappling, but not everyone can teach TPJJ.

Comment

My big problem with Eddie Bravo is that he repeatedly claims his system is the "best" for MMA, even though he's never fought himself, and his students (Jason Chambers?) haven't exactly stormed the ranks of the top 10 in their weight divisions. Then he takes credit when Demian Maia wins by pulling half guard, or Shinya Aoki does a Shinya Aoki thing. Bad Bravo! BAAADDD!

Comment

He has to call it the best. If he said "my system is the 2nd best"...he doesn't make $.

Obviously the guy has skill, he just happens to have marketing skills too.

Can't fault him for chasing the $, but it sure is irritating the way he goes about it.

Comment

Greed leads to selling rank and blatant lies.
          Selling rank and blatant lies lead to Steven Seagal---TENTH PLANET JIU JITSU BLACK BELT!
          Steven Seagal---TENTH PLANET JIU JITSU BLACK BELT BELT! leads to.....I believe this attempt to draw a comparison between Eddie Bravo's marketing tactics and how Jedi fall to the Dark Side needs to be taken out behind the barn and shot.

Comment

No Shock, but looks like it is off:

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...ust-to-show-up

Comment

50k to show up an $25k if he wins. Poor Royler.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasma View Post

"Royler relief fund", snicker. Even though I'm not a big fan of Mr. Bravo's public persona, I've always enjoyed his sense of humor.
                Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
                  My big problem with Eddie Bravo is that he repeatedly claims his system is the "best" for MMA, even though he's never fought himself, and his students (Jason Chambers?) haven't exactly stormed the ranks of the top 10 in their weight divisions. Then he takes credit when Demian Maia wins by pulling half guard, or Shinya Aoki does a Shinya Aoki thing. Bad Bravo! BAAADDD!
                  Just for the record, off the top of my head here are a few MMA guys who have trained with Eddie:

George Sotiropoulos
                  BJ Penn
                  Shinya Aoki (as you mentioned)
                  Gilbert Melendez
                  Dan Hardy
                  Chris Horodecki
                  Ivan Salaverry (if I remember that right)

Not to mention that a number of MMA guys train at the Legends HQ off and on, like Rampage and others. Plus, keep in mind that it isn't like there is a huge network of legit 10th planet instructors out there for years and years so that you're going to see a big group of them in the UFC. There simply hasn't been time.

I'm not saying that these guys owe all their success to 10th planet or Eddie. Most of these people already had very high quality games before seeking out Eddie, but, again, if his style (or at least parts of it) didn't work well I have a hard time believing that some of the best grapplers in MMA would incorporate it into their game.

Comment

I think you're right on most of those names, if not all. I've heard and seen the Mission Control position used in MMA a couple times for subs and a few times to stall without taking damage. Getting a standup is sometimes the best option on the ground.

Top level fighters and grapplers should use whatever means and tools are available to improve - 10P is another approach with some novel stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tao.jonez View Post
                      I think you're right on most of those names, if not all. I've heard and seen the Mission Control position used in MMA a couple times for subs and a few times to stall without taking damage. Getting a standup is sometimes the best option on the ground.

Top level fighters and grapplers should use whatever means and tools are available to improve - 10P is another approach with some novel stuff.
                      Exactly. That doesn't mean any of the 10p specific stuff is the end all, be all, of jiu-jitsu. But if you know when/how/why to use some of their techniques I think it can be very effective.

I'm also hoping that this Royler/Eddie match goes through but it sounds less and less likely the more you hear about it.

Comment

Interesting. What would have been better:

1) Go out there and "potentially" lose, or

2) See if you can milk more money and, when they refuse, come up with some excuse as to why it wouldn't happen

Honestly, this makes Royler look bad. Then again, I wonder how many people in Brazil are following this as opposed to people in the U.S.

Comment

You know I always thought it wasn't really Eddie who would talk himself up and make a bunch of claims, but people CLAIMING that he did / does. I've seen a lot of interviews and heard him on the Rogan podcast, and he always comes off very humble.

And for the record, if I were a brown belt in BJJ, went to ADCC and submitted someone like Royler, fuck anyone who would try and take that achievment away from me, fuck them to hell and back.

Comment

POR QUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm going to cut my self now.

Comment

Cool, well now that it's a dead issue, maybe we can stop repeating the same positions over and over like nobody upthread said it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenebrous View Post
                                Cool, well now that it's a dead issue, maybe we can stop repeating the same positions over and over like nobody upthread said it yet.
                                thread killer

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X