"instant" joint breaks illegal in UFC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
    I think an arm wrestler killed his family.
    Or he's on the payroll for the International Elbow Surgeon's Organization.

Comment

I have skim read this so I apologise if this has already been mentioned but breaking peoples joints is illegal ANYWHERE. You just have to answer to a different authority if caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Whacker View Post
        Or he's on the payroll for the International Elbow Surgeon's Organization.
        This is so typical americano

Comment

Originally posted by permalost View Post
          i think an arm wrestler killed his family.
          Gary Goodridge?!?

Comment

It clearly isn't illegal EVERYWHERE since there have been multiple instances of wrecked joints in MMA and no one has been fined or arrested.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
              It clearly isn't illegal EVERYWHERE since there have been multiple instances of wrecked joints in MMA and no one has been fined or arrested.
              yeah.. about that how does the legal part of the ufc work? if a fighter kills another fighter for instance.. could he in theory be prosecuted according to the laws of the country he is in??? hypothetical..

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybugly View Post
                yeah.. about that how does the legal part of the ufc work? if a fighter kills another fighter for instance.. could he in theory be prosecuted according to the laws of the country he is in??? hypothetical..
                Nope. Your precedent in this case comes from boxing, I believe it's similar to the legal rule of "consent", that keeps from filing, for example, assault charges related to being punched in the face in a boxing match or tackled during a football game.

Comment

Originally posted by grey owl View Post
                  i have skim read this so i apologise if this has already been mentioned but breaking peoples joints is illegal anywhere. You just have to answer to a different authority if caught.
                  sounds like bullshit to me

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybugly View Post
                    If it was one of those unsportsmanlike, after the bell things or a choke held a few seconds after a tap, there would be trouble. But under normal circumstances, the fighters are legally protected.

Comment

Wristlocks in mma/ufc ?

How come you never see wristlocks in mma/ufc ? Does anyone have a youtube vid of someone tapping someone out with a wristlock in a profesional fight ?

Comment

And while we are on the topic, how come we never see more flying spin kicks in the octagon? Or dragons? Dragons would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by karma2343 View Post
                          And while we are on the topic, how come we never see more flying spin kicks in the octagon? Or dragons? Dragons would be cool.
                          but wristlocks actually work, police, bouncers etc use them often.
                          I was recently tapped out whilst "rolling" with someone in a bjj club by a wristlock - it hurt.
                          Last edited by Gustard; 4/25/2011 11:37pm, .

Comment

I was under the impression that they were illegal...then again, I was under the impression that "instant" joint breaks were illegal as well so what the hell do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Gustard View Post
                              but wristlocks actually work, police, bouncers etc use them often.
                              I was recently tapped out whilst "rolling" with someone in a bjj club by a wristlock - it hurt.
                              But they are very low percentage, there usually has to be a huge skill gap between fighters in order to pull one off. Ive only ever seen them done by experienced people to noobs.

Comment

Originally posted by karma2343 View Post
                                But they are very low percentage, there usually has to be a huge skill gap between fighters in order to pull one off. Ive only ever seen them done by experienced people to noobs.
                                Not really - I tapped him out with ude garame a minute later. I just wasnt expecting it - hardly ever see them so I havent really trained to defend them.
                                Perhaps its because its harder to catch a wrist than an arm - but maybe its just because people just dont train them.
                                You never see people win with standing armbars in Judo - but we have a mate who specilises in just that and has won many comps with it. Just because you dont see it often doesnt mean its not a possible effective technique .
                                Apparently Royce Gracie won a UFC fight with a wristlock - anyone got the vid ?
                                Also youd think the cops and doormen would go for a technique that was more effective and required less of a skill gap - after all they have a lot to lose if it goes wrong...
                                Last edited by Gustard; 4/26/2011 12:12am, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X