Getting back into things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting back into things...

So, recently I've been thinking of picking up another MA but I would really only consider the "Art" types. Mostly the whatever will give me the widest range of weapons training there is. Any suggestions out there? Sword is #1 on the list but chain, staff, spear, etc. should also be an option. Why? Because I would enjoy it.

Learning weapons like the chain and spear.. Your best bet is chinese gymnastics (wushu).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wushu_(sport)

Welcome to the site!
    video game reviews

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido, for the record, thats the first time I think we've ever endorsed wushu for a newbie without making fun of him. Hell, or had anybody ask for anything other than 'teh r34l deadly for t3h str33ts'. Hope you may add some balance. Welcome to the mens club.

Comment

He's not that Noobish, he joined in 2007.
        Anyway, another option, if you can find it, is the guys who practice western sword and spear styles - Maybe HEMA, I'm not sure, you should look in the western MA sub-forum, and see if they have some more info on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gidi View Post
          He's not that Noobish, he joined in 2007.
          Anyway, another option, if you can find it, is the guys who practice western sword and spear styles - Maybe HEMA, I'm not sure, you should look in the western MA sub-forum, and see if they have some more info on this.
          If you just like the idea of armed combat in general, I'd actually recommend the SCA (some type of medieval society) as they often meet up and knock each other on the head with staves, wooden swords (one hand, hand and a half, two hand), morning stars, and the rest.

This is more like a social club with geek type interest in all things medieval, and that might be your thing. The 'fighting' they do can vary from club to club, but they typically use medium to heavy contact and full or partial body safety gear; medieval armour (baldric, breastplate, greaves, tassets, that sort of thing).

This is basically dungeons and dragons LARP with a BBQ in a local park.

Just another option to consider.
          video game reviews

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X