Which Martial Arts have cheap prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Martial Arts have cheap prices?

Which styles tend to have cheaper prices(compared to other MA) for classes?

I want to take a MMA class but if I can't find one that has a price compatible with my income I'd have to settle with something else for the time being.

J-J-J-J-JUUUUUDOOOOOO BABY!

Or boxing.

Comment

kyokushin

Comment

So would you consider MT and BJJ normal/high prices styles?

Comment

Originally posted by ShouBox View Post
          So would you consider MT and BJJ normal/high prices styles?
          Muay Thai, quite often. BJJ almost always, more often than not BJJ schools have rates upwards to $100 & even $120 a month.
          There's a local group to me that is the cheapest I've ever seen at $70/month, run by purple & brown belts under Pedro Carvalho. I hope to work around my Judo schedule and do some BJJ with them twice a week maybe.
          Last edited by Jim_Jude; 4/11/2011 12:48am, .
          "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
          ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
          ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
          ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Comment

high, do boxing.
            "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
            Kenny Weldon

Comment

Originally posted by callum828 View Post
              J-J-J-J-JUUUUUDOOOOOO BABY!

Or boxing.
              agreed. I pay $360 a YEAR for judo and $88 for boxing which gives me 4 classes a week each with full access to a gym. The classes are taught by qualificed coaches with one them being an ex-Olympian (that would be judo).

Again, its not that muay thai and bjj are not efficient, but for example, the gym over the road charges $140 a month which is a little more than I can afford....

Comment

99% of BJJ clubs are run as businesses for profit. 99% of Judo clubs are run as not for profit and invest all their cash in keeping the club going.

Hence why Judo is universally cheap in comparison to BJJ.
                sigpic

Comment

Where are you?
                  Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                  http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Boxing and/or Judo will give you the most bang for your buck.

Comment

Which of boxing/judo do you think will prepare me for MMA more? I did TKD before btw, if that matter. Or another question would be, which of these are more effective when stand-alone?

I live in Ottawa.

Comment

I wish I lived near some of you guys. Boxing with coaching is almost as much as BJJ out where I live.

Comment

Which of boxing/judo do you think will prepare me for MMA more? I did TKD before btw, if that matter. Or another question would be, which of these are more effective when stand-alone?

I live in Ottawa.
                          They are both equally effective as stand alone martial arts.

The one that will transition the quickest and the easiest to MMA is boxing. The one that will give you the most varied skillset coming into MMA - stand up grappling, throwing and groundfighting is Judo.

Boxing is awesome and is the will be easy to apply in MMA. Judo is awesome, will be slightly harder to apply, but will give you the bigger skillset.

Decided which of those two options you want to take and then go train as hard as you can.
                          sigpic

Comment

I live in Ottawa.
                            I'll look into some schools for you. Generally Boxing, and Judo are two of the cheapest. I'll take a look now, and list some things. (puts on google-fu cape and antlers - don't ask- )
                            sigpic

Comment

These guys really want you to check out their program
                              http://martialartsottawa.com/programs/mma/
                              FREE LESSONS ($195.00 value.) We are offering you two private lessons, .) During these lessons you will have an opportunity to thoroughly evaluate our program and we will have an opportunity to answer any and all questions that you may have.
                              FREE Consultation With One Of The Chief Instructors: Before or during the introductory program we will meet one on one to discuss your needs and goals.
                              FREE Custom T shirt:We are giving you $215.00 worth of services and products for FREE just to check us out.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              sigpic

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X