Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

How we can save Aikido: An honest opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Yes, quite.
    well when you look at aikido through aiki-goggles, you see awesome.

sort of like beer goggles, except aiki-goggles don't get you slapped by women... oh wait...

Comment

Yes, quite.

I just saw a bunch of clumsy people falling down in that video. From this I draw the conclusion that Judo destroys your ability to stand upright under any circumstances.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
        I just saw a bunch of clumsy people falling down in that video. From this I draw the conclusion that Judo destroys your ability to stand upright under any circumstances.
        for grappling to be grappling one must never be standing on both legs for more then 5 seconds. SCIENCE FACT

Comment

Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
          And BJJ destroys your ability to do anything other than flop onto your butt and then rub it up and down on a mat, like a dog with an itchy arse.

I present to you the finest BJJ practicioner of our age:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post
            sort of like beer goggles, except aiki-goggles don't get you slapped by women... oh wait...
            I've only been properly slapped once, when I was two timing on this girl and my friends thought it would be funny to text this fact to the uni dj and my text was shown on the big screen so that the whole student's union could see it. She was not too impressed.
            sigpic

Comment

I've only been properly slapped once, when I was two timing on this girl and my friends thought it would be funny to text this fact to the uni dj and my text was shown on the big screen so that the whole student's union could see it. She was not too impressed.
              sounds like your friends authorized a prescription of JUSTICE

Comment

So Just to re cap.
                Everybody should learn how to fall properly because everybody wiill fall down at some point.

And

Um. Akido

Is that about right?
                Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

We had to kill the aikido to save the aikido

Comment

Originally posted by illegalusername View Post
                    We had to kill the aikido to save the aikido
                    I LOVE it.
                    video game reviews

Comment

And BJJ destroys your ability to do anything other than flop onto your butt and then rub it up and down on a mat, like a dog with an itchy arse.

I present to you the finest BJJ practicioner of our age:
                      You know...by now you'd think I would know better than to be drinking coffee and reading a ymas thread at the same time!!!

Comment

That's a big part of the problem, too many pussies in Aikido...

...they can't physically, emotionally and mentally cope with the training methodology that would be required for it to approach effectivness, ie: sparring. The same problem stops them cross training in arts that could provide a delivery system combined with their deep desire to overcome their vast inadequacies without any actual effort means they buy into the whole bs about being too deadly etc...

Aikido was filled entirely with scrawny pansies, asian girls and a few tubby white chicks. The Jujitsu clubs were filled with the British equivalent of band and AV club members. The membership is a good 80% of the reason those martial arts as represented on campus, stink.

Fix the membership and the training methodology and delivery system issues will resolve themselves.
                        This!

It seems that the problem lies not with the ARt of Aikido, but with it's recruitment. I'd like to help save Aikido, and I think we can start the ball rolling simply by changing the advertising leaftets

From this:

To this:

Lets try it, and see how we get on.
                        sigpic

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
                        "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Comment

Want to save aikido?

Move to Brazil

Ed. In his yt channel you can see Almeida competing in BJJ.
                          Last edited by DCS; 4/09/2011 8:42am, .

Comment

SOmeone should get this kid down to a BJJ gym. She's a natural.

Comment

Tasteless and, what is worse, not funny.

Sending you +rep.

I love Bullshido.

Comment

Wouldn't most of Ueshiba's attacks have originally been mostly carried out with a sword, and/or defending himself against an opponent possessing one?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X