Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How we can save Aikido: An honest opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• judoka_uk
    replied
    Originally posted by Dak View Post
    sort of like beer goggles, except aiki-goggles don't get you slapped by women... oh wait...
    I've only been properly slapped once, when I was two timing on this girl and my friends thought it would be funny to text this fact to the uni dj and my text was shown on the big screen so that the whole student's union could see it. She was not too impressed.

Leave a comment:

• judoka_uk
    replied
    Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
    I just saw a bunch of clumsy people falling down in that video. From this I draw the conclusion that Judo destroys your ability to stand upright under any circumstances.
    And BJJ destroys your ability to do anything other than flop onto your butt and then rub it up and down on a mat, like a dog with an itchy arse.

I present to you the finest BJJ practicioner of our age:

Leave a comment:

• Dak
    replied
    Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
    I just saw a bunch of clumsy people falling down in that video. From this I draw the conclusion that Judo destroys your ability to stand upright under any circumstances.
    for grappling to be grappling one must never be standing on both legs for more then 5 seconds. SCIENCE FACT

Leave a comment:

• Kintanon
    replied
    Originally posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Yes, quite.

Leave a comment:

• Dak
    replied
    Originally posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Yes, quite.
    well when you look at aikido through aiki-goggles, you see awesome.

sort of like beer goggles, except aiki-goggles don't get you slapped by women... oh wait...

Leave a comment:

• Kintanon
    replied
    Typical class at Colin's "MMA" gym I assume.

Leave a comment:

• judoka_uk
    replied
    i

also Judo is the bomb because of 0:00 onward

who doesnt want that?
    Yes, quite.

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    More Like Aikidon't

Leave a comment:

• Yoj
    replied
    That's aikido, at its most pointless.

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    also aikido is the bomb because of 0:35 onward
    who doesnt want that?
    WUT THe shIT?

Leave a comment:

• Dak
    replied
    i've always considered starting aikido, just to kill time on the weekends. The inner ninja in me loves that stuff, but my inner bullshido won't let me go any lower then aikido.

also aikido is the bomb because of 0:35 onward

who doesnt want that?
    Last edited by Dak; 4/08/2011 7:19pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Yoj
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Yoj - Typically I like your cynical style of posting, and it is generally formidable enough to dispense with half-witted trolls, but you're going to have to mount a more serious argument addressing a few of my premises if you want your opinion to have an impact on this argument.
    I was going to, but you made conclusions with anecdotes, i presented a scenario instead of addressing each point, however, if you want to consider an alternate angle, skills that are usable in life are those which become subconscious processes, take driving, as a learner, everything is an effort, with real experience, a lot of the processes are automated and the conscious mind is left having to only deal with an overview of the whole, this is how we become adept at things. We dont fully understand it, but thats the model. in terms of compliant ukemi, there is never a need for it to become a subconscious act, and for aikidoka, it's still something they engage in order to do. Judoka, dont have that problem, because it happens at random times, forcing it to become a natural response. i suspect that model is also at the basis of alive training.

Leave a comment:

• TaeBo_Master
    replied
    Or, even more simply, "Aikidoka have not demonstrated significant success in MMA"

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    Thanks for drawing attention to it, it's definitely an awkward sentence.
    Perhaps there is a better way of putting it altogether:

2.2: No Aikidoka are emerging in significant numbers with any success in professional MMA.

Leave a comment:

• TaeBo_Master
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin
    2.2: There are no significant amount of Aikidoka emerging with any success in Professional MMA
    Because your post clearly indicates you appreciate intelligence and correctness (and I am an unashamed grammar-whore), I feel I should point out that you should have said "There is no significant amount...". While the word "amount" usually refers to multiple things, the word itself is singular, and therefore takes a singular verb.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X