Low kicks for knife defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StepInCross View Post
    A real-life self-defense situation is more or less just learning how and when to run. Leg kicks, punching, grappling or otherwise unarmed combat is more or less for intimidation(or for standing to those that want to intimadate you). When death need be dealt, people use knives and guns whilst those of us that don't have knives and guns get the fuck away.
    Kicking, punching, and grappling are all part of using weapons. For example, if I thrust a knife at your abdomen and you clamp down on my forearm with both hands, the very next thing I do is a left cross or hook.

Comment

No...Just no

Comment

use your legs to run.
        sigpic

Comment

Most of what I like to say is said... runs is best, push kick makes more sense than leg kick if you're going to kick them, and if you want to experiment with fighting a knifer... use a sharpie! To add something, don't expect a knifer to show you his knife ahead of time. If you sees if before he knifes you... he probably won't knife you as long as you cooperate with him. However sometimes he might not just want a wallet, maybe he wants to rape you or something, so perhaps you are willing to die fighting then (your choice as an individual). In general, if you want to protect yourself and your family, a defensive driving course is a betters investments than martial arts (though I love martial arts).

Comment

Originally posted by Ciderbone View Post
            a defensive driving course is a betters investments than martial arts (though I love martial arts).
            Yeah cause I have lost count the number of times I have been attacked while driving my car.

Good advice dude.

Oh and Dr Phil says:

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post

at 1 minute in, we see me getting kicked in the face when we both have knives. A solid kick like that will set you up for victory, while a kick to the leg is a lot less likely to be too disruptive.
              1.30 in, were those guys fighting with bike chains?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciderbone View Post
                In general, if you want to protect yourself and your family, a defensive driving course is a betters investments than martial arts (though I love martial arts).
                Getting a good education and subsequently getting a well paid job that means that you can live in a nice area, go out to sedate middle class restaurants and bars and generally not being exposed to the kind of areas, venues and situations where conflict can arise is the best investment for protecting yourself and your family.

That and living in Sweden, because nothing ever happens in Sweden.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by callum828 View Post
                  1.30 in, were those guys fighting with bike chains?
                  I think those were lengths of hose. The hose and bullwhip make appearances every once in a while. Never seen a chain, nor does it seem like a very good idea to me.

Comment

Here you go, real-life knife attack. How do defend?

"Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                    DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                    Originally posted by Devil
                    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                    Originally posted by Plasma
                    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                    Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                    Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Fucks sake. OP, get real

http://rivrdog.typepad.com/photos/un...zed/image5.jpg

You Will Fucking Die.
                      Originally posted by Judoka_UK
                      Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.

Comment

Throw four shuriken at the knifer and then use the ninja smoke to hide behind a tree or other large object depending on your girth .Phil Elmore would need to use a bus for instance. Or use the poisoned dart and blowgun thingy but be sure not to inhale cause of choking danger and poison. Or distract knifer by pointing at tabi boots. Stabbing with malice is harder when laughing hystericaly.

Comment

Originally posted by 100xobm View Post
                          Fucks sake. OP, get real

You Will Fucking Die.
                          Might want to put a NSFW spoiler tag on that one.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                            at 1 minute in, we see me getting kicked in the face when we both have knives. A solid kick like that will set you up for victory, while a kick to the leg is a lot less likely to be too disruptive.
                            You are in a sparring situation here, much different then how knife attacks take place on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by 100xobm View Post
                              Fucks sake. OP, get real

http://rivrdog.typepad.com/photos/un...zed/image5.jpg

You Will Fucking Die.
                              Isn't that a picture of a guy who survived a skirmish with a bear (bear clawed his back) ?
                              go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                                Here you go, real-life knife attack. How do defend?

Apparently, by having a layer of blubber that is thicker than the length of the attacker's blade...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X