Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbiter
    replied
    Hey man, its Chris from Redline (i'm actually on Bullshido too sometimes lol) shoot me an email, chris at redlinefightsports dot com or a PM and maybe we can work something out so you can continue training in the sanda & MT , or maybe boxing, grappling, MMA or what ever youre wanting to focus on. The cost of living and doing business around here is really high, and we've gotta charge what we charge in order to make the gym viable, but we're also enthusiasts ourselves who want to have people around who sincerely love training and add to the positive energy. So lets talk and see if there's something we can come up with.

Also sounds like some other good options like the judo and boxing clubs mentioned. Best wishes which ever way you decide to go.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• cosmichearse
    replied
    Awesome, thanks for he suggestion. I'd like to be able to train sanda or muay thai again, so, I might also consider asking Redline and see if they would be willing to work something out. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• Flairball
    replied
    Check out Phoenix Judo Club in Braintree.
    http://www.phoenixjudo.com/
    Easy access from the subway, lots of training days, and inexpensive. Around $30/month.
    Now training on Fridays too, so one can train six days a week should they wish to.
    The Tuesday advanced class is all randori, and Wednesday advanced class is all newaza randori. The president of the club, Jay, is friends with Aleksi, and Dmitri Budolin. They came to the dojo last year, and intend to come back every year. Jay frequently goes to train with them in Estonia too. Roger Mazzella is also a regular there.

It's a great dojo, and you'll get good training there.

Leave a comment:

• CaseyRyback
    replied
    Like everyone else is saying boxing and Judo. In some ways your lucky your near the city because you'll find much more options to fit your budget. I'd definitely hit up Tohoku I've heard nothing but great things. You're also going to have more options in the boxing department check out boxinggyms.com. There's a place by me where boxing is 100 for a year. That's like 8 bucks a month. Sounds like you got the Judo club down, just find the boxing gym. I know you want suggestions but for a budget you gotta take what you can get.

However if you end up spending 60+ a month I would just drop the little extra coin for a decent mma gym.

Leave a comment:

• cosmichearse
    replied
    I guess I didn't think I had developed enough of a relationship with the gym to ask for favors. Also, it just didn't occur to me.

Leave a comment:

• Omega Supreme
    replied
    Why don't you just ask Chris if he's willing to work with you?

Leave a comment:

• cosmichearse
    replied
    I did Muay Thai at Wai Kru a few years ago. More recently Sanda at Redline Fight Sports. I guess I would hope for a 50-70 a month for a few days a week. Boston is pricey, so I know I might have to wait until I have some money saved up. I know some gyms sell class packages rather than gym memberships. But I was curious to see if anyone knew of something that I didn't know about.

Leave a comment:

• Omega Supreme
    replied
    Where did you used to train and how much you willing to spend because Boston's not a cheap place to live.

Leave a comment:

• cosmichearse
    replied
    I've been looking around. I was hoping to get some opinions from personal experience.

Leave a comment:

• Lindz
    replied
    You kind of answered your own question. Judo and boxing are good and cheap. The only thing I think you missed is knockdown karate

Leave a comment:

• Boston, are there any cheap(er) places to train

So, I'm a pretty poor dude. On occasion I have some extra cash and I get to train for a little bit. I'm in one of those not so much money phases currently, and am hoping to find something a little cheaper than the mma gyms around town.
    I was doing Muay Thai, then Sanda and would like to stick with that but I'd rather train in something than not train.

I know Tohoku Judo in Somerville is pretty cheap. And I'm sure there's some boxing around town that doesn't break the bank. Any suggestions?

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X