Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobyclumsyninja
    replied
    hmm, could be. Although, my fingertips are misshapen, I have so much callous, on them.

I'm very easy to find, so I have to keep that in my little brain, at all times. That's the biggest drawback in my opinion. There is no anonymity for us here. I am a clumsy ninja. Anyone can find me.

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    <- another musician who 'risks' his hands.
    The main drawback in my experience is not so much the risk of injury, but rather the dulling of the sensitivity.

Leave a comment:

• bobyclumsyninja
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    I always wondered why you as a musician would risk your hands.
    Oh, well. Indeed, incredible, that level of bigotry everyday people are able to sport.
    I have resilient hands, I think the rest of me is likely to go, before they do.
    I'm amazed constantly, at what, people will let come out of their mouth (dirty joke). I couldn't possibly confront every thing because
    • I don't beat up kids
    • I wouldn't want to embarrass someone in front of their kids
    • I look red and crazy when I'm really pissed, and cops might not understand what's happening.
    • We're often on camera, so that's it's own deescalating factor, pointing out their on cctv.
    • the real d3adly never r3veals it's self.

Leave a comment:

• Hiro Protagonist
    replied
    Originally posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    We (me an my girl) hardly go out, if we're not performing as there are more a-holes with attitudes, a sense of self-entitlement, and chips-on-shoulder than there are minutes in the day, for them to squeeze their intrusions into.

Knowing I can probably school most untrained people, and a good few of the poorly trained ones, does give me the confidence to be nice. I don't have to imply or suggest that I can handle business. I know I can, whether or not others do.

That doesn't mean we don't have people provoke us, that happens every day, no joke. We play in the subway, during the week, so we get condensed crazy. You just have to be big enough to let things go, laugh them off, ignore people, or harden up, on a moment's notice. Being big enough to do that, is made easier by the knowledge you can hang, if it does get crucial.
    I always wondered why you as a musician would risk your hands.
    Oh, well. Indeed, incredible, that level of bigotry everyday people are able to sport.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Daniel:
    tell your girl to go to the Judo Dojo and Boxing gym, cuz she obviously has more balls than you do and maybe she can defend your delicate honor.

Leave a comment:

• judoka_uk
    replied
    Originally posted by jnp View Post
    I believe I have advised you of the no trolling rule in Newbietown in the past. I like you a lot, but rules are rules and I enforce them whether I like someone or not.
    Don't think you have, but meh. At least this one is for actually breaking a rule as opposed to some faggot not being able to understand a joke and being on a pc power trip.

I'll come back when this inevitably ends up in trollshido, just like Omega predicted.

Leave a comment:

• kenny_free
    replied
    Originally posted by donoraen View Post
    So....learning to fight so you can defend your girl's honor is a terrible idea...like go to jail for assault kind of idea...
    In korea. Jail for assault in a foreign country. Lord knows what kind of kinky shower rape they get up too in the orient.

Leave a comment:

• donoraen
    replied
    So....learning to fight so you can defend your girl's honor is a terrible idea...like go to jail for assault kind of idea...

Leave a comment:

• Omega Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by jnp View Post
    I believe I have advised you of the no trolling rule in Newbietown in the past. I like you a lot, but rules are rules and I enforce them whether I like someone or not.
    Fuck this faggot. I moved this to YMAS, I meant to do it earlier. This guy's a fucktard feel free to go off on him.

Leave a comment:

• bobyclumsyninja
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Perhaps. I don't know. I don't think so.
    What they can give you is the power to physically decide a situation.
    What you do with that power is your decision.
    Be the better man, stay out of trouble.
    We (me an my girl) hardly go out, if we're not performing as there are more a-holes with attitudes, a sense of self-entitlement, and chips-on-shoulder than there are minutes in the day, for them to squeeze their intrusions into.

Knowing I can probably school most untrained people, and a good few of the poorly trained ones, does give me the confidence to be nice. I don't have to imply or suggest that I can handle business. I know I can, whether or not others do.

That doesn't mean we don't have people provoke us, that happens every day, no joke. We play in the subway, during the week, so we get condensed crazy. You just have to be big enough to let things go, laugh them off, ignore people, or harden up, on a moment's notice. Being big enough to do that, is made easier by the knowledge you can hang, if it does get crucial.

Leave a comment:

• jnp
    replied
    Originally posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Find a Judo club in Seoul, bigger the better. Take ladyfriend with you. Have ladyfriend film your lesson. Make clear that the instructor understands you're filiming the session and that you're going to post it on the internet, remind all your training partners of that fact.

Have ladyfriend post video on the internet.

Have ladyfriend post link to video in this thread.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Hiro Protagonist
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel_Kemp View Post
    Hi Hiro Protagonist.

I think it's more of a self-confidence thing. Don't physical sports train you to control your emotions? That would be good for stopping you doing something stupid.
    Perhaps. I don't know. I don't think so.
    What they can give you is the power to physically decide a situation.
    What you do with that power is your decision.

Be the better man, stay out of trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Lu Tze
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    It's a great way for a newcomer to show he wants to learn from his mistakes by reviewing hte videoclip and support and promote the club.
    Yes, and I'm sure playing the video clip on a loop will bring him out of his impact induced coma in no time.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Originally posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Maybe I'm just a narcissistic man child, but if a new guy showed up at my gym with his girlfriend filming his training and saying he was going to put it on youtube, it's going from "slow and technical teaching roll" to "this crap is going on youtube and that never goes away! HULK SMASH SO HULK NO LOOK BAD ON VIDEO!"
    You need the learn the South Korean way of taking your ego out of the equation.

Leave a comment:

• judoka_uk
    replied
    Snake understands.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X