What is good to learn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chim-chim-cheroo!
    Now listen here, sonny chim-chimney; prognosis proctolojutsu. An oil check is in order.
    video game reviews

Comment

Find a Judo club in Seoul, bigger the better. Take ladyfriend with you. Have ladyfriend film your lesson. Make clear that the instructor understands you're filiming the session and that you're going to post it on the internet, remind all your training partners of that fact.

Have ladyfriend post video on the internet.

Have ladyfriend post link to video in this thread.

Thank you.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_Kemp View Post
        I can say "Hello" in Korean, but I'll see if I can find a boxing gym in/near Seoul that has English instruction.

Thank you for the tip Snake Plissken.
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hannam...ym/10473140115

Advertisement in English is a good start.
        Also, comments from a couple of other ex-pats on this page.

EDIT:

also, how big are you? Height and Weight and overall fitness level (are you a skin-n-bones or a porker or normal?)

Comment

Originally posted by judoka_uk View Post
          Find a Judo club in Seoul, bigger the better. Take ladyfriend with you. Have ladyfriend film your lesson. Make clear that the instructor understands you're filiming the session and that you're going to post it on the internet, remind all your training partners of that fact.
          There's being "fresh meat", and then there's walking through the dog yard with raw hamburger taped to your trousers. This right here would be the latter.

Comment

It's a great way for a newcomer to show he wants to learn from his mistakes by reviewing hte videoclip and support and promote the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
              It's a great way for a newcomer to show he wants to learn from his mistakes by reviewing hte videoclip and support and promote the club.
              Maybe I'm just a narcissistic man child, but if a new guy showed up at my gym with his girlfriend filming his training and saying he was going to put it on youtube, it's going from "slow and technical teaching roll" to "this crap is going on youtube and that never goes away! HULK SMASH SO HULK NO LOOK BAD ON VIDEO!"

Comment

Snake understands.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
                  Maybe I'm just a narcissistic man child, but if a new guy showed up at my gym with his girlfriend filming his training and saying he was going to put it on youtube, it's going from "slow and technical teaching roll" to "this crap is going on youtube and that never goes away! HULK SMASH SO HULK NO LOOK BAD ON VIDEO!"
                  You need the learn the South Korean way of taking your ego out of the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                    Yes, and I'm sure playing the video clip on a loop will bring him out of his impact induced coma in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_Kemp View Post
                      Hi Hiro Protagonist.

I think it's more of a self-confidence thing. Don't physical sports train you to control your emotions? That would be good for stopping you doing something stupid.
                      Perhaps. I don't know. I don't think so.
                      What they can give you is the power to physically decide a situation.
                      What you do with that power is your decision.

Be the better man, stay out of trouble.
                      www.childsplaycharity.org

Comment

Originally posted by judoka_uk View Post

Have ladyfriend post video on the internet.

Have ladyfriend post link to video in this thread.

Thank you.
                        I believe I have advised you of the no trolling rule in Newbietown in the past. I like you a lot, but rules are rules and I enforce them whether I like someone or not.
                        Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
                          Perhaps. I don't know. I don't think so.
                          What they can give you is the power to physically decide a situation.
                          What you do with that power is your decision.
                          Be the better man, stay out of trouble.
                          We (me an my girl) hardly go out, if we're not performing as there are more a-holes with attitudes, a sense of self-entitlement, and chips-on-shoulder than there are minutes in the day, for them to squeeze their intrusions into.

Knowing I can probably school most untrained people, and a good few of the poorly trained ones, does give me the confidence to be nice. I don't have to imply or suggest that I can handle business. I know I can, whether or not others do.

That doesn't mean we don't have people provoke us, that happens every day, no joke. We play in the subway, during the week, so we get condensed crazy. You just have to be big enough to let things go, laugh them off, ignore people, or harden up, on a moment's notice. Being big enough to do that, is made easier by the knowledge you can hang, if it does get crucial.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
                            I believe I have advised you of the no trolling rule in Newbietown in the past. I like you a lot, but rules are rules and I enforce them whether I like someone or not.
                            Fuck this faggot. I moved this to YMAS, I meant to do it earlier. This guy's a fucktard feel free to go off on him.

Comment

So....learning to fight so you can defend your girl's honor is a terrible idea...like go to jail for assault kind of idea...

Comment

Originally posted by donoraen View Post
                                So....learning to fight so you can defend your girl's honor is a terrible idea...like go to jail for assault kind of idea...
                                In korea. Jail for assault in a foreign country. Lord knows what kind of kinky shower rape they get up too in the orient.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X