X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ericsenn
    replied
    Originally posted by jnp View Post
    We don't delete threads here. Some of the April Fools joke threads being a rare exception.

At this point, if you want to post a general MA thread, I'd suggest the YMAS forum. Other fora on this site are subject specific, from MABSTrollshido, the site's garbage can.

Read the stickies, the threads addressed to your username, at the top of each of the sub-fora to get an idea of the posting requirements, if any.
    ok thank you.

Leave a comment:

• jnp
    replied
    Originally posted by ericsenn View Post
    my bad, appologies. how would i delete and old thread in order to make room for a new one?
    We don't delete threads here. Some of the April Fools joke threads being a rare exception.

At this point, if you want to post a general MA thread, I'd suggest the YMAS forum. Other fora on this site are subject specific, from MABSTrollshido, the site's garbage can.

Read the stickies, the threads addressed to your username, at the top of each of the sub-fora to get an idea of the posting requirements, if any.

Leave a comment:

• ericsenn
    replied
    Originally posted by jnp View Post
    One Newbietown thread per user please.
    my bad, appologies. how would i delete and old thread in order to make room for a new one?

Leave a comment:

• jnp
    replied
    One Newbietown thread per user please.

Leave a comment:

• ericsenn
    replied
    lol really? thats both hillarious, sad, and awesome at the same time.... im quite in the air on how to feel about that lol

Leave a comment:

• Jim_Jude
    replied
    Originally posted by ericsenn View Post
    "ninja joke, very funny." haha while hillarious i dont see the relievece to this thread. when i started it, i was asking about it not because it would make me a ninja, infact i was and am still unaware of any link between Bujinkan budo taijutsu and ninjaness (not saying there isnt one i just didnt know there was), but because i wanted to know more about it and if there were any schools by were i lived. now after the help of these very well informed gentalmen i have moved past that thought due to its inpracticality.

but thank you for sharing that. im gonna start watching it, it looks awesome. also check a near by dictionary for the proper meaning of the word documentary... i believe it will be eye opening for you.
    After spending some time in the Bujinkan and seeing many schools around the U.S., a documentary w/ names changed to protect "the innocent" would look more like "When Ninjas Attack" than not. Seriously. I'm not kidding at all.

Leave a comment:

• ericsenn
    replied
    thanks boss

Leave a comment:

• ericsenn
    replied
    k man thanks. someone mentioned combat sambo to me, but i dont think there are any schools were i am that teach it. something else i learned from this site is checking lineage when going to a school. cuz u want someone who really knows what there teaching. do u know a way to check a schools lineage? if there even is one

Leave a comment:

• TaeBo_Master
    replied
    Supporting Member: $20/year
    Sponsor: $10/month

Leave a comment:

• TaeBo_Master
    replied
    Generally speaking, striking arts that fit this category are: Muay Thai, Boxing, Kyokushin Karate, etc. Grappling arts: Good old BJJ, Judo, Wrestling. Some thoughts to start with, but don't necessarily rule anything out. Training matters more than style. Who knows, maybe you'll find a badass kung fu school where they kick the living shit out of each other. Don't close your mind, just know the facts so you know what you're looking at.

Leave a comment:

• ericsenn
    replied
    lol you guys are awesome. how much is it to upgrade or "minimum donation"?

Leave a comment:

• ericsenn
    replied
    thanks taebo, your the balls my friend. i learned about alive training from another thread i have going on with styygens. originaly i was thinking about taking Bujinkan budo taijutsu, but after hearing more about it and the training i realized its not what im looking for. i deffintly want high percentage moves, because as you said, its the most effective. so in your opinion, in hearing what im looking for, what do u think the style im looking for is? im not very familiar with martial arts, wich is why i joined this site, to learn, to improve, to kick ass. so if u could throw something at me so i could research it, wich ive already done with alot of the styles ive learned about on here, that would be awesome!

Leave a comment:

• TaeBo_Master
    replied
    You couldn't ask for much of a better background than wrestling and boxing. If you're interested primarily in combat skill, there are a few specific things you'll want to look for. I'm going to try to avoid mentioning specific styles and focus on training methods. First and foremost is ALIVE TRAINING. This means the school incorporates, on a regular basis, full contact or near-full contact sparring against a live opponent who is equally trying to beat you. This is essential for combat training. Compliant drills and all that are great for learning technique basics. But picture perfect technique goes out the window once you're faced with someone who wants to beat your face into the pavement. The only way to get good at something is to train for that something. Thus, the only way to get good at fighting an opponent who is intent on hurting you is to spar an opponent who is intent on hurting (or at least defeating) you. There is a place for technique training and drills and such, but this sparring should be a staple of their training. Second, the emphasis of training should ideally be on high percentage moves. There's a reason you don't see jump spinning kicks and crazy flying triangle chokes in MMA events. They're very low percentage techniques that rarely work against an opponent who is fighting back with full effort. Unless you get insanely lucky or there is a huge skill disparity, like beating up a kindergartener or something. Sure, the instructor and high level students may know several of these fancier, low percentage moves, and you may learn them as you advance. But they shouldn't lead you to believe that these are the techniques to use in combat. In other words, REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. Finally, use your own judgement and beware anything that doesn't pass the smell test. Usually, to the discerning student, bullshit stinks enough for you to notice it. Remember, only you really know what you're looking for. If you decide you want to learn something fancier with lots of spinning head kicks, or dance around with swords in Chinese robes, or whatever it is... go for it. Just make sure you have those realistic expectations we talked about.

Leave a comment:

• TaeBo_Master
    replied
    He might accept payment in the form of the blood of an interpol agent.

Leave a comment:

• Yoj
    replied
    You can upload pictures after you've reached 1000 posts, or sooner, by sending Phrost some vouchers for an AR-15 or by making a donation to help run his compound.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X