Escape from ground and pound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Escape from ground and pound

How do I escape from the ground and pound?

To help us help you, can you describe the ground and pound you are having trouble with?

Comment

From mount?

Comment

From mount would probrably be the most common.

Comment

Die.

Or go train with someone who knows what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by crackhead View Post
            Do you have any experience in BJJ/Grappling? Are you talking about MMA ground and pound or in a street fight? There are many ways to escape I'm just trying to gage your skill level and what scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by crackhead View Post
              If you want to post a thread in the technical areas, you will need to put forth a bit more effort into your opening post. A good illustration of this is the fact that three different posters had to ask you to clarify your question before they could attempt to answer it.
              Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Don't worry once spring break is over whoever is beating on you will have to stop in order to return to classes. Of course once summer hits you're screwed.

Comment

Just learn rubber guard real fast. You'll be fine.

Comment

What works for me is to start crying and urinate on myself. That USUALLY stops the ground and pound. If not, I go ahead and shit myself. I've never met anyone who could manage to continue the GNP after that.

Comment

You could try yelling "stranger danger!" until someone helps you.

Comment

Or pull a page from the wily opossum - pretend to be dead until your assailant/predator leaves.

Comment

Buy a Bas Rutten DVD, imo.

Comment

LOL, all funny comments, thumbs up to piss your self. But I am new to BJJ and Muay Thai and I would like to compete in MMA one day, nothing major just local circuit. I never really was a big MMA fan but now I think I have caught the bug. I have been watching a lot of matches lately and see the Pound and ground real hard to get out of. Any advice or move that works better than others? is it better to go for a submission or try to escape?

Comment

Originally posted by Reekon_Nox View Post
                              LOL, all funny comments, thumbs up to piss your self. But I am new to BJJ and Muay Thai and I would like to compete in MMA one day, nothing major just local circuit. I never really was a big MMA fan but now I think I have caught the bug. I have been watching a lot of matches lately and see the Pound and ground real hard to get out of. Any advice or move that works better than others? is it better to go for a submission or try to escape?
                              No matter what your mommy told you, there is such a thing as a stupid question.

Go train with an actual coach and come back when you have something more specific you want to ask / talk about.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X