• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Kier has been in over 500 street fights and never lost a single one

He has claimed several time snow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_3s_...eature=related

"
    I see a lot of guys here are making comments about me being out of shape, this is absolutely true. I'm way fat and dont do any cardio. I've never made any claims to being in shape. As for fighting I've been in over 500 real fights not counting the thousands of sport fights, I have never been on the losing side of a real life fight, and never fought someone in worse shape than me..so much for you fitness guys, but its not bad to be in shape, just not as important as you think.
    Tuhon Tom Kier

liveblade"

http://physicalstrategies.blogspot.c...c-kali-on.html

Let me start off and say, It is better to be in good physical shape, both with strength and cardio. And I would be a better fighter if those traits were better in me.

I'm overweight and out of anything that would be called good shape.

If I was to fight myself, my other self, who is just like me but in better shape, I lose. I can definitely lose in real life of course as well.

I am an advocate of being in shape, and have trained boxers to fight and wrestlers and pushed them to get in shape for competition.

With all that being said. I have in my many years of fighting in real life, in bars bouncing and on the street with no rules. And a conservative number would be in the 500 fights range. I have rarely fought anyone in worse shape than myself, and I have never lost one of these fights. So all those guys who were in better shape than me, LOST. In fact many of the fights started with the other guy saying something like " You FAT F#@K, I'll kill you!!!" And 3 seconds later crying that he's had enough, that's reality.

I have lost many competitions with the many rules and matched opponents. I've been knocked senseless by my boxing instructor and lost 1000's of wrestling matches, counting practice matches, as well as real matches. Some of these I lost because I was out of shape. But that's not reality.

Remember real life is different, there is no rule book, no bell, no ref to start it or stop it if you are losing bad. Most of these fights are won before they start, because of knowledge and tactics, sometimes intimidation and misdirection, superior weapons or weapon technologies, training, calmness that comes from experience, etc. Few fights go so long that cardio is a factor, I would say my one on one fights last an average of 3 seconds from first contact. As out of shape as I am, I can do almost anything for 30 seconds, ....more than enough time.

So does being out of shape make me a worse fighter, absolutely. Does that mean I can't fight, absolutely not. Anyone who wants some can come to get it and find out.

with r
    espect
    Tom Kier
    5'11 355lbs

I sometimes wonder if they make all this stuff up, like that one time those atienza kali people were telling stories at this seminar I went to. They said when they were 16 they fought gang members and kicked their asses all the time.

I can't help but be sceptical. But then again, what do I know

Basically, you ignore these people and move on. 500 fights and he would be crippled. No, he didn't win them all. That type of exaggeration is ego gratification. He is upset because he is Obese and has built a fantasy world to explain it away.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
      Basically, you ignore these people and move on. 500 fights and he would be crippled. No, he didn't win them all. That type of exaggeration is ego gratification. He is upset because he is Obese and has built a fantasy world to explain it away.
      Him and those atienza people really seem 100% serious when they tell these stories. I was there in the seminar and just wondered, how is this possible. I figured that it is statistically impossible to survive, let alone win 500 street fights.

wtf

Comment

Dude George Dillman believes his Pressure points are 100% real and his acolytes are serious as well. So, you were there? How scarred was he? I mean scarred not a crooked finger, I have those form intense sparring. I am talking about knife cuts, numerous stitches, surgeruries etc.

Oh wait, all of his fights stopped in 3 seconds. I am not saying anything about what he teaches I am talking about his claim. The guy is counting wrestling and boxing matches as not real. Funny how I can post articles to Boxers, MMaers, BJJers, and wrestlers using their "rules" based art succeeding in the street.

It is an outlandish sales tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie1 View Post
          Him and those atienza people really seem 100% serious when they tell these stories. I was there in the seminar and just wondered, how is this possible. I figured that it is statistically impossible to survive, let alone win 500 street fights.

wtf
          Do you get anything of value from these seminars? If so, take the valuable training and place the BS to the side. If you aren't getting any valuable training, quit going.

There will be people who believe the stories and there isn't anything you can do about it as you cannot demand critical thinking.

The fact that you questioned it is a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            Do you get anything of value from these seminars? If so, take the valuable training and place the BS to the side. If you aren't getting any valuable training, quit going.

There will be people who believe the stories and there isn't anything you can do about it as you cannot demand critical thinking.

The fact that you questioned it is a good sign.
            I only went once, it was just learning "templates" and other drills. Can't say I learned anything useful and never bothered to go to another one. I did eskrima those days and my school taught mostly single stick so I was a beginner anyway.

The only thing I really remember is him saying you can't do knife disarms in thin air, like all the strips the filipino martial arts teach. He held out his arm and wanted me to strip the knife from his hand. It was a very short knife and his grip was very strong, I failed at stripping it. His point was you have to take the person down and pin down his entire arm before trying to take a knife out of it, because there's no way you're ever going to be able to trap the knife hand and strip it in the air. Guess that may be true, I don't believe in empty hands VS weapon anyway.

Comment

You can win 500 street fights by counting every form of altercation as a street fight, if he worked as a bounce - and hes a big dude, and counts every ejected drunk at a bar as a street fight then yeah he could of.

who cares anymore the whole self defense side of MA is so crazy as to be irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                Dude George Dillman believes his Pressure points are 100% real and his acolytes are serious as well. So, you were there? How scarred was he? I mean scarred not a crooked finger, I have those form intense sparring. I am talking about knife cuts, numerous stitches, surgeruries etc.

Oh wait, all of his fights stopped in 3 seconds. I am not saying anything about what he teaches I am talking about his claim. The guy is counting wrestling and boxing matches as not real. Funny how I can post articles to Boxers, MMaers, BJJers, and wrestlers using their "rules" based art succeeding in the street.

It is an outlandish sales tactic.
                It's already several years ago but to be honest I didn't see any real scar on him. he had cut his sleeves from his t shirt but I don't remember scars on his arms either. I could be wrong but I usually look for scars when sizing up a person. (like this guy who wanted to fight in a bar recently had a very big scar across his neck which made me have second thoughts)

I could be wrong but it seems like he wants scared young men to idolize him at seminars, following him around on his seminar tour, so that maybe one day they can be as badass as he is. Even if it were all true, the fact he's sharing these stories over and over seems to confirm this.

but of course it is not proper to question somebody high level blah blah seems to be the general concensus

Comment

Originally posted by Goju - Joe View Post
                  You can win 500 street fights by counting every form of altercation as a street fight, if he worked as a bounce - and hes a big dude, and counts every ejected drunk at a bar as a street fight then yeah he could of.

who cares anymore the whole self defense side of MA is so crazy as to be irrelevant
                  Isn't it extremely rare for a violent drunk to actually fight a bouncer? All I ever see them do is resist a bouncers efforts to drag him out.

Comment

Some weird shit he showed in the seminar suddenly came to mind.

"guard 5" or something along those lines is basically practicing stabbing with an ice pick grip backwards while running forwards. (5 o'clock being where the arm is) this was also a street fighting proven technique...

and he said that he may not run fast, but "people tend to slow down when you're throwing knives at them" he actually claimed to have been chased MANY TIMES by SEVERAL ATTACKERS but he throw SEVERAL BLADES at them WHILE RUNNING AWAY

I was still an impressionable teenager at this point but my BS-meter just exploded and i was baffled at how the rest of the guys in the seminar who were older were swallowing this story

Comment

Isn't it extremely rare for a violent drunk to actually fight a bouncer? All I ever see them do is resist a bouncers efforts to drag him out.
                      That's actually my point, if he counts ejecting some dude as a street fight then (in his mind) he can correctly say he's won 500 street fights.

That's why anecdotal stories of a MA's effectiveness are pointless. A system and instructor who can beat the best is more relevant than someone who has "claims"

And yes sport and real life is different, but mostly that can be addresses through training some common sense situational awareness.

Comment

I've been in over 500 real fights not counting the thousands of sport fights, I have never been on the losing side of a real life fight, and never fought someone in worse shape than me.
                        This is where he fucked up. Street fights are unverifiable, sport fights are not. A guy with thousands of sport fights should be well known in whatever sportfighting style he did, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Goju - Joe View Post
                          sport and real life is different
                          I lol @ that being his point

"I have been beaten countless times in the ring with rules, but real life is different"

it's just so funny but it's like he doesn't realize it

Comment

So by saying that he's not counting the sport fights as real fights, does he hope no one ever bothers to check up on them?

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                              This is where he fucked up. Street fights are unverifiable, sport fights are not. A guy with thousands of sport fights should be well known in whatever sportfighting style he did, no?
                              I don't know, somewhere the next couple of hours or days this poster "sunhelmet" or something will show up and tell us all about mr kier's credentials. i'm not knocking his legit stuff in any way but 500 street fight wins is just...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X