Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob

Hi all,

I'm just posting to get rid of the dirty lurker heading while browsing this awesome site. Lots of interesting information here.

Practicing Wing Chun for all of 6 weeks now.

Cheers!

Dead Money

Welcome to Bullshido. Good luck. You'll get a lot of ribbing for the chun but rest assured, its almost always good natured.

Comment

Welcome Dead Money. I'm also a fellow noob to the site and a admitted lurker.

As for the WC, I too was drawn to its alure. I practiced it diligently for 8 months until I did some soul searching and realized it was ultimately not for me. It was great fun, but then so is capoeira.

Comment

Hey guy.

Chun sucks blah blah go do Judo blah blah blah

Don't worry about using Times as a font. It looks funny when you're reading in a sea of Arial. (I think it's Arial. Shit, I dunno.)

Comment

Welcome, Dead Money.
          Does your WC school do any significant sparring? I mean real sparring, not slap and tickle ..
          Just curious.

Comment

Hi all, thanks for the welcome

helmutlvx - I hadn't realised using Word to spell check had changed my font, it does look a bit strange huh?

Hi Ozz - my school has sparring, I'm not sure if you would call it 'real sparring' or not. We do contact sparring at full speed, but not at full force - so with padded fists, mouthguards, etc, and pulled blows.

I'm interested in full contact Lei Tai , but my school doesn't offer that at this point, so I might need to search around a little.

soldiermedic25 - I'll try to cope with the ribbing! :)

CaseyRyback - Part of the attraction of Wing Chun for me was that it includes both weapons training - which is fun (an important component of holding interest!), and is relatively non-threatening compared to say most MMA, Judo, etc. This allows my wife and I to train together - as she is uncomfortable with the idea of grappling.

Dead Money

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X