Too old to actually have a career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too old to actually have a career?

is 20 to old to start training for a career in kickboxing or something like that i have only recently started learning muay thai ( only acouple months)?

any input would be nice and dont be afraid to be blunt about it lol

I don't think so. At the MMA gym I go to most of the guys getting started are around your age or a couple years older. Hell, one our pros is in his late 20s, and just made his WEC debut right before they merged with UFC.

Comment

I fucking feel old. Are you kidding kid? 20's fine. At least you can change your own diapers.

Comment

Don't be that guy who is worrying about his professional fight career before even having his first amateur fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrix View Post
          is 20 to old to start training for a career in kickboxing or something like that i have only recently started learning muay thai ( only acouple months)?

any input would be nice and dont be afraid to be blunt about it lol
          IMO... No, you're not too old.

Yes, I've seen alot of young fighters, however I've seen alot of mature fighters also. Added to that, there not just the ring side to that - that's the trainers/training side too which may be a viable path for you to follow in the future.

-Ken

Comment

No, IMHO. Dont get discouraged by those of us who have been doing MA since we were young. Just train hard, and see how your amatuer bouts go.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneWanderer View Post
              I don't think so. At the MMA gym I go to most of the guys getting started are around your age or a couple years older. Hell, one our pros is in his late 20s, and just made his WEC debut right before they merged with UFC.
              that must've been exciting to get to train with someone like that.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X