Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my de-lurk-ification.

Hey all.
    I've been doing martial arts for over half my life now. I began with Taekwondo, as most twelve-year-olds do, but expanded my horizons as I got older. I spent some time in Japan, and was lucky enough to learn the basics of Ninjutsu from a Togakure-ryu instructor. Suffice to say, I was humbled. I had a friend in college who was an 8 Step Mantis sifu, and I studied with him for a short time learning the basics of Kung Fu. When I'm in Hawaii, I study MMA. When I'm deployed or TAD, I study what I can from whomever I'm with. Unfortunately, my nomadic adulthood has made it difficult to keep up with one style, school or instructor. I did have the misfortune to fall in with a cult-like McDojo organizations call the International Taekwondo Alliance. I actually trained with one of the founders (he's a self-important ass), so there are some stories to share. Foolishly, I signed a two-year contract. So I went to enough classes to get my money's worth and see the true colors of the organization.

Nowadays, I keep training MMA whenever I can. My fiance is an excellent coach and sparring partner. I'd like to start taking amateur fights once I get out of the military in a couple months.

I'm thinking of taking an am mma fight too, since one of my friends recently hopped into it. I was so nervous about it until i went to one of the events. everyone's so respectful (both competitors) and alot of am's aren't that great (Not flaming anyone, just saying it's not as bad as it looks). anyway welcome to bullshido now-non-lurker and good luck with mma

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X