CKDTROLL4LIFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CKDTROLL4LIFE

Hey whats up all you punk azz dill weeds. I read what you all wrote about my martial art family C.K.D.M.A.I.. Do you all have anything better to do than Hate on my family?.?. Why do you hate on us when you all don't know us. I am a former C.K.D.M.A.I. STUDENT & INSTRUCTOR. I am working on getting back into what i love most and this is my life, my world for it runs through my veins, is my blood, runs through my blood, who i am, what i am, what i do, my personality, and plus i dedicated my life to it. Once a Martial Artist always a martial artist. Does it make you all feel good with a rush hating on us and talking bad about us? You don't know us nor know what we are about, so you all need to back up and back off. You all need to stop with this bull snit. This is what i believe in and follow at all time on those who oppose us is (To stand for justice and honour my word). This another i follow is (To promote friendly relationships among all people). All of us At CKDMAI follow this for this is who we are what we follow with the Principles Of Choi Kwang-Do.
    Humility,Honesty,Gentleness,Perseverance,Self Control and
    Unbreakable Spirit. You can't break our spirit. Read all of what i wrote and we can never get or be broken. We are strong and never fall weak. If you all want to know who we are or what we are all about just get to know us and if not no need to judge us or others. If you all want to know us just hang out with us and get to know who we are and what we are all about instead of judging us if you don't know us. Just take the time to know us instead of using the same amount of energy hating us. Get to like us instead of hating us or hating on us. Thanks Sincerely CKD4LIFE
    Last edited by CKD4LIFE; 3/01/2011 7:16pm, .

Can we perhaps see some video of you or some of your students fighting in mixed rules (MMA) matches so that we can see how supremely effective your art is and why we are wrong to believe otherwise?

Comment

I know you know it won't happen, Kintanon.

Wait, this is a necro of a fucking necro.

We need to go deeper.
      GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
      Originally posted by Devil
      I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
      Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
      I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally Posted by ecline
        Ok, admittedly a noob to this site (this is my very first, "virgin" post). However, I have read through the entire, nearly 2 year long, thread.

I have a passing familiarity with Choi Kwang Do, as my best friend's wife and two daughters are all now black belts. I have observed classes, and public black belt testings. And while not wanting to disparage CKD, i had made a number of observations that prompted me to pursue more information on the validity of some of CKD's claims, and it's effectiveness.

Coming from a TKD background myself (with a little Karate and Kung Fu thrown in), my first impressions of CKD upon viewing it were that it seemed much like a toned down version of TKD. As previously mentioned in this thread, many of the techniques are the same, just with some changed names. Just made more "circular" by all movements coming with a more "round house", bent elbow, bent knee movement. These being the differences I believe they would say are meant to put less stress on joints, tendons, etc. and so cause less injuries.

As I have been looking into CKD, I have found a number of sources both Pro and Con.

Let me say at this point that I have been, and remain, very skeptical of CKD, both on a number of claims it has made ("TKD crippled GM Choi so he developed this superior Martial Art that people could practice and not get injured", etc.), and on the effectiveness of CKD for self defense.
        Good to see you are investigating and have a sceptical yet enquiring approach.

Many others have plowed through the issues of no sparring, no ground work, etc. so I see no need to pursue that at this point.

Instead I would like to focus my inquiries/observations onto the areas of proof of claims. It has been repeatedly raised throughout MadMonkey's inquiry into CKD that proof of a number of claims is required:

* Proof of the claim that Master Choi was "crippled", or even severely injured by practicing Tae Kwon Do. As far as amiller127's assertions that no one has proven Choi wasn't crippled by TKD, logic dictates that that is not proof that he was.
        This is a difficult one to prove or disprove given the amount of time since he was "crippled" and the vague nature of the injuries or condition his body and the fact that no specific date is mentioned. Unless Master Choi himself gets involved in this debate I doubt we can ever really answer this.

* Claims that he "sought out top scientists in the fields of human anatomy, kinesiology and physiology," and that CKD is "scientifically based".

See: YouTube- Choi Kwang Do - Wes Sargent 11 Alive
        If you have thoroughly read the thread then you will know who I contacted and the answer I got in this regard. I have not posted the emails at the request of the person concerned but I have relayed their content. The person I contacted was Professor Ben Johnson of Kennesaw University and he confirmed that his comments regarding the biomechanical effective of CKD was based on his own observations and that the CKD techniques had not been "scientifically tested" and that the traditional techniques had been demonstrated by CKD people as opposed to people from other arts. He also stated that to the best of his knowledge (he is a university professor, IOC member and local expert in biomechanics) CKD had not been biomechanically studied or tested by any one he knew professionally speaking.

* I have seen other claims that between 1978 and 1987 Choi taught himself in the fields of bio-mechanics, human anatomy, kinesiology and physiology in order to develop this scientifically based martial art. Those are some pretty lofty fields to have claimed to have mastered in a 10 year period. Proof would be required of this knowledge as well, as measured against professionals in those fields.
        To understand those areas could be done by completing a sports science degree or could simply be self study. Any martial artist with enough experience has a good knowledge of anatomy, physics in regard to the body and some idea of kinesiology/physiology. The fact he "self studied" is not the issue, or the fact that his art is based on scientific concepts. The claim of mastery is the issue as you state but again without the participation of Choi this is not realistically going to be resolved.

This appears to have been entirely scripted from a press release given to the TV channel by CKDMAI. In it Marshall Pereira goes on to state that if Bruce Lee were alive he would seek out Choi "because of the way he kicks and punches", then makes another claim requiring proof:

* "There are many Grand Masters all over the world, but there is no one who can punch and kick like Master Kwang Jo Choi." I will admit, from video footage I have seen, GM Choi is very fast with powerful strikes. However, proof is required that no other Grand Master in the world has punches or kicks as fast and powerful as Choi's.
        Yet again without participation from Choi this will not be resolved

* In the same video clip it claims that Choi "redsigned the [TKD] kicks and punches to deliver maximum force on his targets, and no impact on himself." I have to admit, this one makes me giggle. :lol: I am truly interested in how he has managed to completely bypass the laws of physics here. Definitely going to need some proof on this one!
        This claim is simply inaccurate with regard to physics but is an easier one to test and would only require a significantly skilled CKD practitioner to take part as well as a method to test the amount of impact experienced by the person as they hit the pad. (however unless your have the funds to arrange such a test this is a no goer)

* The voice over in the newscast goes on to say that "Choi Kwang Do has become the fastest growing martial art on the planet." Please show me the statistics. And the process by which they were derived. :icon_wink
        Freedom of information request might through some light on this with regard to number of students worldwide CKD HQ has on role. But again it is a claim which does not set precise parameters such as fastest growing martial between which dates 2007-2008?. So this is simple hyperbole that is not really proveable as there are too many variables to consider. In a sense then it disproves itself.

However, after reading this thread, Choi is not the only one with claims I would like to see proven. A lot of "hearsay" evidence has been thrown out in here without much in the way of substantiation. A number of posters (kwangjochoi, saman, jonnie11, etc.) have thrown out some serious allegations of wrongdoing (criminal fraud, assault, vandalism, libel, slander) with no proof being offered, and shrouded in a veil of anonymity. I do not intend to cast aspersions on any of your characters, nor on the personal experiences you have put forth. However, without presenting any verifiable evidence for what otherwise amounts to "hearsay" from a darkened room, it is, like some of Choi's assertions, just bullshido. I do understand that for some reasons you may prefer to remain anonymous. If that is the case perhaps you would be willing to contact me directly at [email protected] ? I promise to keep anything you would like confidential.

The only place I have seen claims backed up with documentary evidence is on Master Koo's web site.
        It is not necessarily Bullshido or hearsay evidence in all cases. Hearsay evidence is where the person giving evidence did not sense or witness the events in question in any way. So Saman having her Academy vandalised and recognising the offenders is not hearsay evidence. However without something like CCTV the validity of the evidence would come down to the belief of the court.

Admittedly the claims about Choi wielding Guns threatening someone unless directly witnessed would be hearsay evidence or slander. Yet if only half these claims are true I can see why these people wish to stay anonymous. Equally be careful regarding master Koos website as some of it also hearsay or

MadMonkey - on a couple of occasions you posted that you had received further information from some outside sources in your investigation, but so far none has been forthcoming. Any chance of getting some of that posted up here anytime soon? I understand being busy with work, family and personal life, but please don't shake a big juicy steak in our faces if you're not going to occasionally throw us a bone. :bbd:
        Any evidence I have gained I have shared on the thread as best I can. In one case the evidence seemed to disprove a minor claim regarding financial income given by CKD HQ to an instructor for new students received but again the source was not unbiased and was questionable in respect to how it was obtained and its accuracy was not without doubt. Therefore I have not included it on the thread.

This affects some people that I care a great deal about, and don't want to see hurt. But, my best friend's wife is moving into becoming an instructor, and if possible I would like to be able to help protect them from the types of experiences I see related here. Any further verifiable information that you all can provide would be EXTREMELY helpful, and GRATEFULLY appreciated.

Peace!
        Ed

P.S. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy of GM Choi's book without having to fork over a hundred bucks for it? I would like to see some of the claims he makes in his own treatise on his own style.

Thanks!
        We will do our best to help with this but a lot of claims made by CKD are pure hyperbole and some have even been used by TKD (eg fastest growing martial art in the world was originally used by TKD orgs to market them).

We have already proven that CKD has not been Scientifically tested to demonstrate superiority to other martial arts, that a lot of its claims are not realistic or proveable and through sharing of experiences that it is not all smiles and sunshine within the ranks of CKD as an organisation.

The best way to protect your friends is to share you doubts with them and take them to a different martials club of reputable skill, eg Boxing/Thai boxing/judo club and get them spar lightly with members of that club to show that not all the techniques they have learnt will work against a non compliant opponent.

The above is an old post from a similar thread and sums up my stance on CKD and my efforts to investigate,... unfotunately I do not currently have the time to spare to further it, any takers would be welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Miracleman View Post
          Dear Lord, look what I found on YouTube... a seven-year-old Choi Kwang Do student's black belt test.

Seven years old. Black belt. Choi Kwang Do. Yeah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4tgtDtQQh4

Look around YouTube and Google Video for more CKD-related videos. I may re-post this in the video section later, but I thought I should post it here first.

Edit: Here's a broadcast news piece on Choi Kwang Do which features Master Choi himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayBTrIkKYIw

WHAT THE F*#$ is with them swinging almost a full foot in front of their sparring partner? Gives you a horrible sense of range.

Comment

Originally posted by CKD4LIFE View Post
            Hey whats up all you punk azz dill weeds.
            Hi.

I am working on getting back into what i love most and this is my life, my world for it runs through my veins, is my blood, runs through my blood, who i am, what i am, what i do, my personality, and plus i dedicated my life to it.
            Then what you love most, what is your life, your world, what runs through your veins, what is your blood, what runs through your blood, who you are, what you are, what you do, your personality, and plus what you dedicated your life to, is based on a lie. More on this later.

Does it make you all feel good with a rush hating on us and talking bad about us?
            Possibly some here, but not everyone.

You don't know us nor know what we are about, so you all need to back up and back off. You all need to stop with this bull snit.
            No we don't.

This is what i believe in and follow at all time on those who oppose us is (To stand for justice and honour my word). This another i follow is (To promote friendly relationships among all people). All of us At CKDMAI follow this for this is who we are what we follow with the Principles Of Choi Kwang-Do.
            Unbreakable Spirit. You can't break our spirit. Read all of what i wrote and we can never get or be broken. We are strong and never fall weak. If you all want to know who we are or what we are all about just get to know us and if not no need to judge us or others. If you all want to know us just hang out with us and get to know who we are and what we are all about instead of judging us if you don't know us. Just take the time to know us instead of using the same amount of energy hating us. Get to like us instead of hating us or hating on us. Thanks Sincerely CKD4LIFE
            Nobody here has any problem with any of those values, and nobody cares what you choose to practice. That's not the point.

Getting back to the part about your life being based on a lie, if in fact your life is based on Choi Kwang Do. The thing that people here object to, which you would know if you had bothered to read the first post, is the fact that the self-proclaimed Grandmaster advertises his art as "proven to be the most effective martial art system in the world."

Since he has provided no proof of this, and all video evidence that people have been able to find fall way short of proof, we can't take it seriously.

The purpose of this site is to protect you and people like you who may be considering investing (or may have already invested) a lot of time, money and energy into training in a martial art. This site is here to protect you from being defrauded by people who make false claims about the effectiveness of what they teach, and what you pay them to learn.

It's not just a matter of money, but also of personal safety. If you really believed that you were well-practised in the most effective martial art system in the world, this false assumption could put you in serious danger if you were to be assaulted by someone who was actually good at fighting.

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
            I know you know it won't happen, Kintanon.

Wait, this is a necro of a fucking necro.

We need to go deeper.
            No point, man. From here on down, it's turtles all the way.

Comment

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50742

Comment

What a jumble of silly arguments, logical fallacy, and idiocy.

Comment

Hey whats up all you punk azz dill weeds.
                  This another i follow is (To promote friendly relationships among all people). Humility,Honesty,Gentleness,Perseverance,Self Control and Unbreakable Spirit.
                  You can't break our spirit. Read all of what i wrote and we can never get or be broken. We are strong and never fall weak.
                  You and the Westboro Baptist Church have a lot in common.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                    You and the Westboro Baptist Church have a lot in common.
                    What you did there, I see it.

Comment

Hey whats up all you punk azz dill weeds. I read what you all wrote about my martial art family C.K.D.M.A.I.. Do you all have anything better to do than Hate on my family?.?. Why do you hate on us when you all don't know us. I am a former C.K.D.M.A.I. STUDENT & INSTRUCTOR. I am working on getting back into what i love most and this is my life, my world for it runs through my veins, is my blood, runs through my blood, who i am, what i am, what i do, my personality, and plus i dedicated my life to it. Once a Martial Artist always a martial artist. Does it make you all feel good with a rush hating on us and talking bad about us? You don't know us nor know what we are about, so you all need to back up and back off. You all need to stop with this bull snit. This is what i believe in and follow at all time on those who oppose us is (To stand for justice and honour my word). This another i follow is (To promote friendly relationships among all people). All of us At CKDMAI follow this for this is who we are what we follow with the Principles Of Choi Kwang-Do.
                      I think we should be best friends, I once had a best friend but he tried tried to make love to my cat. So please submit a audition tape, something classy maybe showing some of your talents and perhaps a swimsuit section. I forsee good things, for your reference I have included a picture of my cat below:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	bear17.jpg
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	4325599

Comment

hey CKD4LIFE
                        An anagram of your name reveals Dick 4 Elf.

Please provide video evidence of you with an elf, where you aren't trying to, you know... get it to work on your North Pole.

Please note, this is not the most ludicrous request in this thread.

Comment

Wait, I'm confused... So the dirty cops knew that internal affairs was trying to set them up the whole time?

Comment

Originally posted by 100xobm View Post
                            Wait, I'm confused... So the dirty cops knew that internal affairs was trying to set them up the whole time?
                            Thats untill these two picked up the case:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	lethal_weapon.jpg
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	4325600

Comment

I saw "confused dirty internal" and simply assumed you guys had read my diary.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X