Newcomer to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newcomer to site

Sayoc Kali for past 10 years, a few years of JKD before that from different instructors.

Firearms training from most of the " big name" instructors over the last 6 years.

Got referred to the site because of a recent thread about Sayoc and hope to be able to contribute.

JKD...good stuff. welcome to bullshido good sir...enjoy your stay :)

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido. TeamPython's post in the Sayoc thread got me wondering- what's the time and money cost like to be and maintain instructor status with the Sayoc group?

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
          Welcome to Bullshido. TeamPython's post in the Sayoc thread got me wondering- what's the time and money cost like to be and maintain instructor status with the Sayoc group?
          The requirements for Sayoc Instructors are:

Be an active member of Sayoc Kali
          Be sponsored by an existing Sayoc Instructor
          Attend Sama Sama
          Attend at least one Instructor Weekend

Instructor Weekend is $1,000 or $600 pre-paid which hasn't changed in the last 9 years.

I forget the exact amount for Sama Sama and the membership and instructor testing fees but it was about $750 when I was an Associate Instructor, it may be higher now.

Full Instructors pay $5,000 a year to maintain FI status.

BTW- Guro Brian Calaustro will be teaching a seminar at the Harris Academy in San Diego on March 26, 2011

http://sayoc.com/?p=2014

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido. From your first post and your resume, I get the impression you'll probably fit in well.
            Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
            "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

Originally posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
              Welcome to Bullshido. From your first post and your resume, I get the impression you'll probably fit in well.
              Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll do my best :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X