Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day

G'day folks,
    Thought I'd stop my filthy lurking and say g'day!

My pedigree is 23 years of jujutsu study and training.

I have enjoyed reading the no nonsense posts around here. A refreshing change from some other forums where it seems there seems to be more people suffering from pressure sores than mat burns.

Dingbat

Originally posted by Dingbat View Post
    G'day folks,
    Thought I'd stop my filthy lurking and say g'day!

My pedigree is 23 years of jujutsu study and training.

I have enjoyed reading the no nonsense posts around here. A refreshing change from some other forums where it seems there seems to be more people suffering from pressure sores than mat burns.

Dingbat
    Howzit, good on you for putting a end to the Lurking.
    I'm guessing you are from Australia.
    Is that Japanese Jiu jitsu or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?

Anyway welcome.

Comment

Thanks mate,
      Yeah I'm an Aussie and it's Japanese jujutsu!

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Whereabouts in Australia are you from? I'm in Brissie.

Comment

I'll say you've been lurking; two years from your join date to your first post!

So let's hear some details of your Jujutsu. Is it Gendai or Koryu, what does it involve, etc.

Welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

Yeah, I did join up 2 years ago but have only been an 'active lurker' for a few weeks.

I am in Sydney and my style of jujutsu is a gendai system through the late Jan de Jong.
            I now train under a senior instructor of his.

Dingbat

Comment

Hey Dingbat, hows it going? I was very fortunate that the high school I went to offered jujutsu as one of the activities you could do as a class and it was taught by Jan de Jongs son! Sorry I can't remember his first name as it was 20 years ago but it was a lot of fun and incredibly practical. Recess and lunchtime was quickly full of kids throwing each other on their arses, it was great. Probably why the classes got yanked after 2 terms though.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys,
                That's great about the school sports. Hans de Jong has been doing that for a very long time.
                Some of the other instructors are still doing self defense classes at some of the private schools. I think its a great idea... but the insurance companies probably think otherwise haha!

Dingbat

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X