Video journaling my training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video journaling my training.

Okay, I want to start capturing my training on video. What's the best way to do it? When I'm working on my jab/cross, or my hooks. Is it better to do it against a heavy bag or is it better to do it without a bag?

Anyways, I want to capture myself working on the basics, see what I can improve, do it again the next day with that in mind and try to get better. Since I can't go to the gym every day I can at least do this.

Both. Shadow box and hit the bag. Get yourself from multiple angles doing the same things. Make sure you get your feet in the shots, not just your upper body.

Post em and I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback.

Comment

tape your sparring. That is when you do your spazziest stuff without realising

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
        tape your sparring. That is when you do your spazziest stuff without realising
        ^^^ this. also if you compete, video tape your matches and watch them with people more experienced than yourself. i've been doing this with my judo matches and have been shown many, many areas that i can improve in.

Comment

Training logs are a feature for supporting members. There is a sub-forum in the VIP lounge for exactly this purpose. Phrost has made it clear that blogs/logs on this site are for supporting members only.

Edit: the above message only applies if the OP was planning on starting the log here on BS.
          Last edited by jnp; 3/03/2011 11:58am, .
          Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
            Training logs are a feature for supporting members. There is a sub-forum in the VIP lounge for exactly this purpose. Phrost has made it clear that blogs/logs on this site are for supporting members only.

Edit: the above message only applies if the OP was planning on starting the log here on BS.
            Yeah... I'm way to sensitive to post myself training on Bullshido. But good to know about the VIP lounge.

But the tips were great, I'm definitely going to incorporate this into my training.

Comment

Moved to YMAS because my shifting it to Trollshido was unwarranted.
              Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X