Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
    THANK. FUCKING GOD.

I read half of that story in an Asimov compilation, got to the bit where the fight starts, period ended, somebody else grabbed the book and never returned it. Had no idea what the title/author was.
    Yup, Richard Matheson is awesome. I loved the book "I am Legend" and the movie came out pretty decent as well. His stories translate to the screen very well (in fact Steven Spielbergs very first movie (a TV movie) was an adaption of his story "Duel" and it did so well it pretty much launched Spielbergs career).

I read this book ages ago as well. I'm pretty stoked when I heard they were working on this one.

Comment

I saw "I am Legend" on his bio when I started frantically Googling today. Sweet, that's a pretty good read, makes me hopeful for the conclusion of "Steel." All this time, I had assumed either I'd never find the story, or it would be like the time I guy tried to tell the joke about the three Priests trying to buy bus tickets, and forgot the punchline. I finally tracked down the joke, and it sucked.

Movie looks to be a rather dramatic departure from the source at first glance.

Comment

Originally posted by MMAMickey View Post
        Well yeah, the Bourne scene I linked to had a very eventful action scene resulting in a choke, but in those circumstances its the previous action that carries the suspense not the finish.

Submission finishes are largely uneventful and anti-climactic in comparison to KOs, largely because the finish is slower and less definitive (unless they actually break the limb). I'm hoping someone can make this work in an MMA movie setting. I love choking in RL, I just find it hard to imagine how the tenacity, strength and tactics of fighting for a choke will be portrayed on screen in a way that does it justice.
        I just got a idea. If it will be a finish it will have to be a fast one I suppose. Have you seen the Jet Li movie..the scene where he jumps in the air and kicks the guys leg then all of a sudden it goes x-ray vision and we see his bones break. That should be pretty nice. Look what they do in Steven Segal movies.. beating everyones ass by throwing them around with epic wrist locks.

Comment

Originally posted by Takeshi View Post
          I just got a idea. If it will be a finish it will have to be a fast one I suppose. Have you seen the Jet Li movie..the scene where he jumps in the air and kicks the guys leg then all of a sudden it goes x-ray vision and we see his bones break. That should be pretty nice. Look what they do in Steven Segal movies.. beating everyones ass by throwing them around with epic wrist locks.
          Really, the X-ray scenes go back to the classic Sonny Chiba film "The Street Fighter," which was also the first film to get an X-rating for violence. It stars Chiba as Terry Tsurugi. That film is awesome because it has perhaps the greatest opening to any film ever made, where:
          Spoiler:
          Tsurugi breaks a guy out of prison. However, the prisoner's brother and sister, who hired Tsurugi, aren't able to pay him for this. In response, Tsurugi kills the brother and sells the sister into prostitution. Our hero, ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Takeshi View Post
            I see what you mean! but camera angles and effects will fix that :D not to mention I seen the movie "Legendary" about wrestling and It's one of the best grappling movies I'v ever seen yet... that I remember right now.

I was hoping for there to be a epic high budget film about Judo or JJJ! Imagine a more ancient Japan. the hard wood floors of the DoJo. I would like to see a movie about how harsh it was back then- following a on going conflict with the main character being practically bad at it. who will get better and better at it. but his peers of the Dojo really don't like him. Almost a Karate Kid story. but Darker. it will be all over the top hard slams. along with the traditional styles of training. this will make alot of money. YES!

I should be a director....

Have you ever seen 'Throw Down' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0415380/ It's from 2004. It's probably the only recent Judo movie I've seen as of late. The story is kind of meh, but it has decent movie judo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_tTOrY0vWc

Comment

Originally posted by hadoken View Post
              Choke, featuring Rickson Gracie looks very interesting.
              I've watched that a bazillion times and it never gets old.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X