Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unleashed MMA of Mt. Pleasant, Michigan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unleashed MMA of Mt. Pleasant, Michigan??

Does anyone know of Unleashed MMA in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan? I'm going to be attending Central Michigan University here in Mt. Pleasant for a while and I really want to get into MMA rather than some "regular" style like karate, tkd, etc...They have a website that looks fairly legit so if anyone knows of the school some insight would be helpful. I don't plan on attending til next fall as I'll be going back home for the summer. I do plan on visiting their gym though and checking it out sometime soon hopefully

Re: Unleashed MMA of Mt. Pleasant, Michigan??

Correction: I've already taken a years worth of martial arts but I'd like to "expand my horizon" into mma rather than just a single style

Comment

Well, they compete in GPP, so I'd say it's probably pretty legit.
      I'll be up by mount pleasant next weekend, and I kind of want to stop by and check it out; sadly, it seems they don't have classes in then.
      The fool thinks himself immortal,
      If he hold back from battle;
      But old age will grant him no truce,
      Even if spears spare him.

Comment

That I did not know, damn sure glad I do now though! Yeah I've looked at their schedule and it seems pretty tight, I do like the fact its evening classes though. Being I'm a full time student here at CMU my schedule's pretty demanding. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it

Comment

Went in and checked out the place this afternoon, even got to speak with the instructor one-on-one. The place really does seem pretty legit. The instructor told me they teach students specifically to fight in the cage, though of course you could apply it in self defense and such. All in all he told me pretty much everything I wanted to hear :) He offered me to swing by and just watch his class to see if I'm really interested in joining. The cost is a helluva lot less than expected, only $40 for a month which covers three hour sessions for four days a week. Looking forward to checking it out

Comment

Originally posted by BldyKnuckles89 View Post
            The cost is a helluva lot less than expected, only $40 for a month which covers three hour sessions for four days a week.
            wait ... huh ?

If the training is even close to decent you will be getting a hell of a good deal.
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
            BILL HICKS,
            1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
            ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Well yeah. The instructor told me his students' record altogether is 18-3. All 18 wins have been KO's or TKO's in the first round, and all 3 losses were taken to the third round with Decision at the end. So I'm guessing the training he puts out is pretty legit. Wouldn't you say?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X